Thread: H50 does not cool at high temperature ?

H50 does not cool at high temperature ?

I have got a desktop system which I had bought 2 months back , I have spent a lot on my system since I am planning yo make it a gaming rig. I have Intel i7 processor installed in it on the processor I have got a stock i7 heat sink installed, and two days back I installed a H50 hydro cooler from corsair , but then I checked the temperature of my motherboard , it lies in mid 90 degrees ,what ca be the reason for such a temperature hike please let me know with your justification.

Re: H50 does not cool at high temperature ?

H50 cooler from corsair is an effective cooler that can control the temperature of your processor in control. It might be possible that you might not have mounted the cooler properly or what many people do is they forget to remove the cover which is exactly similar to the appearance of the H50 cooler , so please check it and let me know the correct status of your system .

Which protection covering you are talking about, I think the I removed only one of the covering that came with it and but do not have any idea how much covering it comes up with it. You had asked me to check the status of my system. I also removed it from system and installed it again after turning it on I checked the temperature of my motherboard and still the temperature lingers between 90 degrees.

It sounds like you have got a damaged one from the Corsair manufacturer , or it is also possible that you are mounting it in a incorrect manner , so I think you should check the manual that comes along with the cooler and match it with the your motherboard, if you find much more difficulty then call the customer support m they will help you and make sure that you have installed in a correct manner.