Thread: Best cooler for Intel Q9550

Best cooler for Intel Q9550

I am having an Intel Q9550 processor on which I am going to have a GeForce GTX 470 soon. But for now I am searching for a best cooler for this processor as this processor seems to be getting much hotter as compared to others. I have decided to buy a Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler, Have I selected the right one, What you guys suggest for cooling this processor?

Re: Best cooler for Intel Q9550

Now compatible with the most powerful processors of the time (Intel Core i5, Intel Core i7, AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II ...) Cooler Master Hyper 212 facelift and offers cooling performance up to the processors which you will associate! A perfect blend of high performance and low noise levels, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 fan is a more efficient and quiet. Perfectly adapted to the latest generation of powerful features, it represents the best balance between silence and cooling. Comes with a 120mm fan, note that it is possible to add a second for even more impressive performance and efficiency even more formidable.

With its 6 heat pipes and the presence of the NF-P12 120mm fan award-winning NH-C12P achieves excellent performance and silence. The following C-shaped not only allows better compatibility with motherboards and casings, but also provides additional cooling for motherboard components through two Airflow-Gaps (spaces letting the air flow). For its assembly, the NH-C12P is equipped with the fixing SecuFirm and high performance thermal compound NT-H1:
    • System of multi-socket mounting SecuFirm : The mounting system Noctua SecuFirm for LGA775, AM2 and AM2 + provides superior reliability and contact pressure. Kits for Xeon, Socket F and K8 (939, 940, 754) are also available from the manufacturer.
    • High Performance Thermal Compound Noctua NT-H1 : The Noctua NT-H1 is a high-level TIM solution that guarantees a minimum thermal resistance, ease of use and excellent durability.

UFO V51 is the name of the new cooler just announced by the manufacturer GlacialTech. Designed for Intel Core i7 processors (while remaining compatible with socket AM2 processors on and LGA 775), this cooling system has a shape vaguely reminiscent of that of a UFO - but most of you speaking the have probably already guessed. Two versions should be available: the Silent UFO V51 with two 92 mm fans classic running at 1600 rpm (19 dB (A)), and UFO V51 PWM with two PWM fans, still 92 mm but this time displaying a speed ranging from 800 to 2500 revolutions per minute (32 dB (A) max). The remaining features are identical between the two models: Dimensions 130 x 157 x 138 mm, 780 grams on the scale and aluminum radiator crossed by four heatpipes.

A few years ago, Zalman was the great standard in cooling systems and more particularly in coolers for AMD. 7000 Al-Cu, Cu 7500, 8700, LED ... are models that have about them and that has made Zalman a well known brand. But competition has now become harsher and other brands are now able to get out of the coolers very efficient but also silent. Noctua, CoolerMaster, OCZ and others are trademarks which are mounted in recent years its power and produce coolers equally powerful and often at prices more attractive.

The last cooler to brand success was the Zalman CNPS 9700 LED. Upscale brand, it showed very interesting performances at high speed, speed at which it became noisy. We are today the acquisition of any new model of the brand: Zalman CNPS 9900 LED. Having a different architecture than its predecessor but is just as impressive, we'll see if performs better and is able to work in silence.