Thread: Canon MF550 laser printer is not working with Windows 7 (64 bit)

Canon MF550 laser printer is not working with Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have Canon MF550 laser printer and it is connected to my system running windows 7.while using it recently I am facing some problem like error codes is displayed by beeping and flashing lights. And I am facing this type of error after 3 or 4 days. I don’t know why this is happening. I am really getting frustrated so please tell me what I have to do to get out from this problem.

Re: Canon MF550 laser printer is not working with Windows 7 (64 bit)

First of all you have to keep in mind that you have to Keep your laser printer dirt free at all times, not just when you require to repair it. It is essential to clean both the inside as well as outside and doing it is not very difficult. So you have to clean the inside, where paper and dirt will be able to get trapped, you can utilize compressed air and blow out the debris. Bear in mind to take out the fuser assembly during this process too.

You can observe the error situation with a combination of lights and beeps. The error light blinking along with three or more beeps point out to a controller error (general failure) has take place. So after that you have to hit the Power button to turn the printer off and after that unplug the printer. Then you have to wait for 15 seconds, after waiting plug in the printer plus turn it back on. The Online light will be supposed to blink for a few seconds and then become stable. And your error will get cleared.

Hey from my opinion you first have to listen for beeps. Three beeps point out to a paper misfiled or lack of paper. Then you have to Fan the paper or insert paper. Four beeps point out to a paper jam. Then you have to go for to Open the lid and drag the paper out. You always have to pull jammed paper in the way it was feeding. May this will help you to solve your problem.

Print a nozzle check if printing outcome does not look suitable. Then you have to Power the printer off and make sure that paper is loaded properly. Then hit the FF button as well as the Power button. After that you have to Hold them both down until the printer beeps twice. Then Release both buttons. Observe the results. If the results are not acceptable then there are faded lines and so on, then you have to replace the ink.

Make sure that the printer driver is installed on your system running windows 7. If you recently purchased the printer or if you now had your operating system installed again, you also have to install the printer driver again for it to function correctly. Along with that as well ensure the data cable as well as the power cable of the printer is connected properly. They must be correctly connected to their particular ports. If the data cable is not correctly connected, the printer will not succeed to communicate with the computer.