Thread: Wireless Mouse 5000 not tracking properly

Wireless Mouse 5000 not tracking properly

Hi, I had currently bought a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse that is of Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000. For some cause the mouse is performing like it doesn't track appropriately. It seems to be happen after a some seconds of using the tracking becomes unbalanced and it looks like the cursor pointer is belated and starts jumping around the screen? It is even more obvious that when I start to try dragging windows around the desktop and if I drag too quickly it starts to do some interruption and looks to be misplaced a few frames per second as I am dragging it along the desktop. I have noticed inside games, that the quick turns cause the mouse to lose track and one second I am facing forward and the next second I am facing backwards, with no obvious transitioning in between. I have tried disabling the precision tracking, but to no advantage by doing it. Please suggest good solution what can I do? i am using the windows 7 professional OS.
    Last edited by Bendya Rupy; 10-12-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Re: Wireless Mouse 5000 not tracking properly

You may try to uninstall and reinstall the driver for mouse and ensure that whether the problem occurs. Before trying to perform below steps make a restore point:
    1. initially click on to the start button and go to the search box.
    2. Now in the search box type devmgmt.msc and then click enter.
    3. in that select the mouse device and right click on it
    4. Select Un-install, Reboot your computer system; this should automatically install correct drivers for it.
    You can also download the drivers for it from the product manufacture’s website and install it.

I do have the very similar difficulty with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000. The trouble can be seen in Media Monkey music player software and also in the Windows Picture Watching Application. Zooming the pictures with the feel doesn't work correctly. I have to scroll very fast to get any zooming at all and that's why the zooming becomes inaccurate. I have also even tried to uninstall the mouse drivers and also done the some kind of adjustment to the scrolling sensitivity but nothing helped me out. I feel that the problem might be the step less scrolling wheel. Even Microsoft's own software’s don't know how to use that wheel! I am using Windows 7. I really hope that Microsoft finds a proper solution to this problem fast or otherwise I have to return this mouse.

Try to change the mouse wheel settings and then verify that it helps you in fixing the problem. Follow the steps mentioned: First click on to the start button, in that select the control panel, from that go to the search box in that type mouse and then select the mouse. 2) After that click to the wheel tab and try to perform one of the following steps:
    a. To locate the number of lines the screen will scroll for each and every nick of mouse wheel movement, then under the Vertical Scrolling, select the subsequent number of lines at a time, and then enter the number of lines that you desire to scroll in the box.
    b. To scroll an entire screen of text for each notch of the mouse wheel, under Vertical Scrolling, select one screen at a time.
    c. If your mouse has a wheel that supports horizontal scrolling, under the Horizontal Scrolling, in the tip the wheel to scroll the following number of characters at a time box, enter the number of characters you want to scroll horizontally when you scroll the wheel to the left or right.
    And lastly click OK to apply the settings.