Thread: Trouble with HP Solution Center Printer communication, Port 427

Trouble with HP Solution Center Printer communication, Port 427

Hello friends, I had currently installed HP Solution Center, during the installation procedure it finds my printer on to the network. I can call up the printer with the help of the internet explorer and typing in the printer's IP address, I can print, but HP solution center can "communicate" I get the following error message: "Your computer is unable to communicate with your printer at 192.168.1.103. This may be caused by firewall software. If you are using firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 is unblocked for both inbound and outbound traffic. The software cannot communicate with your printer at IP address 192.168.1.103. This may be caused by many factors; the most common is firewall software." How could I open port 427 or is there any another solution?

Re: Trouble with HP Solution Center Printer communication, Port 427

See whether you have any third party firewall installed on to the system, if you have the third party firewall installed on the system then you need to contact directly to your Firewall manufacturer to unblock the UDP port 427 and then see whether the issue gets fixed. The other scenario is if you is being using the Windows Live OneCare firewall then open the OneCare, change the settings, click to the firewall tab and then go to the advanced option, select the ports and protocol option, add the UDP port there, and then select the UDP as the type, you need to choose inbound. After adding the UDP port now you may reboot your computer system and then check if the problem gets fixed.

I do also have the similar problem, what I did is I went to add device and added the HP office jet 6500 and then it started printing process. For some cause the computer system was not able to communicate with the printer until it was added. Hope this works for you. Other solution that I recommend you to do the System Restore, note down that uninstall the HP Update so that it won't effort to update the software anymore. Also not to forget to do the backup of your files; we don't want to end up losing your valued works.

Do you simply have the windows firewall installed on to the system? I will suggest you to temporarily disable the Windows firewall and then try an attempt to do the test print. If the print fails then you only have the windows firewall installed, then it most likely is not a firewall problem. When you call up the printer with the help of the IP address, I assume you are typing the IP address in a web browser and getting the printer's web page, right? If both the above are accurate then download the Print diagnostic utility and Run this utility and tell me the answer.