Thread: MSAC-US1 memory stick reader does not read memory stick

MSAC-US1 memory stick reader does not read memory stick

I have got a desktop system which I use for many purpose, I have installed Intel Core 2 duo processor with 2 GB of DDR RAM and 5oo GB of Kingston hard disk, I do not have any issue with my computer right now, I have written in this forum for the memory stick reader issue, I used to use Windows Vista , but due to some reasons I use Windows 7 operating system now. I use Sony MSAC-US1 memory stick reader to read my sony memory stick . But I do not why I cannot see a folder in which all the songs and the pictures I had stored in the memory stick .

Re: MSAC-US1 memory stick reader does not read memory stick

Well in that case I think I would ask you to check both the memory stick reader and the memory card, because you did not mention it clearly that in what thing you are having the issue . You have just mentioned that you could not get any access the folders stored in your memory stick. So it is difficult for me to tell you the solution unless I know which part of the device is malfunctioning. So it would be better if you research in a better manner and tell me the exact status of your system and your memory stick so that I can help you with the exact solution, had you been done that earlier I think by this time you would have been spending your time with those pictures and songs rather than waiting for the posts for the solution.

I really apologize for giving you the incomplete information , I will explain what exactly happens when I try insert my memory card into the memory stick reader and connect it through ,my desktop system , II could not access the folders stored in it when I boot through Windows 7. But I can access those when I insert that stick in the laptop of my friend who has Windows xp installed in his system.

So it seems that your Memory stick is working a absolutely fine , so you do not have to worry much. I think the MSAC-US1 memory stick reader is an incompatible device for Windows 7, that is why it is working with Windows xp version of operating system but not in Windows7. So in that case you should check the Sony official website and look for the updates if you can find any. But I do not think the website will help you much, it will be better if you contact the Sony Support system who will understand=d you better because they will have much more expertise in their product.

There is a point I think you would have ignored totally. It is also possible that your USB port is not in working condition so that IU would request you to check whether the stick reader is getting detected in your system or not, if not please try in some other USB port, if you are trying to connect it through the front port ,connect it through the back ports, so if in case your front ports have gone bad you will have to just change the port rather than troubleshooting the memory stick reader. It will save your time and your resources as well . Wish you all the best .