Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation of the Konica-Minolta Crown TCP/IP Port In Windows 7

Installation of the Konica-Minolta Crown TCP/IP Port In Windows 7

I have just brought a new printer that is of the Konica-Minolta Magicolor 2200 printer and have brought it to use it for the home network and also it worked perfectly with it service pack 3 and I have been using it in the Windows XP for long time and just now I have switched on to the Windows 7 options. Whenever I try to install it is asking me for the IP address and also the few things that can be used for the installation of the printer in the system that is being used by me. And also in the current version of the Windows 7 premium version the question of the installation is not being displayed and instead after the restart it shows that message the port has been installed successfully and when I try to run the same application the message is shown that whether you want to uninstall the port or not. So please tell me the methods through which the proper set-up of the port can be made and also I wanted to know that how I can get the port after the installation is complete.

Re: Installation of the Konica-Minolta Crown TCP/IP Port In Windows 7

If you are playing with the parameters of the printers both on the computer and also in the printer that is being used by you can cause you such issues. But I was left with no option for this and at the end got to change the parameters, I have changed a lot of the parameters and by doing out various changes in the parameters that has been done by me in the Microsoft and also in the Konica-Minolta Magicolor and also included the 64 –bit universal driver that is being used for the Konica-Minolta Magicolor and then connect it manually to the printer that you are using. Also it may be changing out the default emulation that can be done from the postscript to the PCL5 will not make a vast difference. Between the force selections of thea4 size page you got to select the default page selection that can be made for the printer itself.

Also you can try some changes in the printer that has to be permitted by the printer itself and also see that whether the problem can be solved or not. Also the universal driver can include the crown port driver that can have the functionality for the setting of the parameters that can be used for the universal driver, which allows you to set-up some of the parameters that allow you to make the corresponding changes and also to the setting of the papers that are going to be printed by using the printers and also the arrangement of the paper also plays an important role for it to.

And if the above steps are not working for you then you can also follow the below given steps that can work properly for you:
    1. First click on to the Start then in that you got to go to the Control Panel option.
    2. After that you have to go to the hardware and sound option in that go to the printer and in that you have to click on to the Add printer.
    3. Then you got to select on to the new port of the standard TCP/IP port and also make the use of the port 35 RAW.
    4. Then you got select the have disk option and then you got browse to the driver and then have to download the work that are going to performed for the printer.

This option is going to work for the installation of the Konica-Minolta Magicolor printers.

If this is not working then you can also make the use the following methods that can be used for the set-up of the printer properly in the system that is being used by you:
    • The crown printer has got the option for the printing and making the use of the extra paper trays and duplex printing.
    • The second method that you can use is that you can just make the use of the latest drivers that are being provided by the Konica-Minolta Magicolor that is for the use on the standard TCP/IP port.
    • Then after that you can follow the steps that the crown printer uses as the solution for the advanced printing and also it makes the use of the firewall that is used for the configuration of the pages that are being used for the printing by making the use of the printer of the Konica-Minolta Magicolor.

This solution should work for you if the above steps are not working for you.

For the basic set-up of the TCP/IP port you can just follow the steps that are given below:
    At the start just go to the options of the Start then in that you have to go to the option of the Settings, where in that you will get the option of the Printers then in that just try and do the right click option and just go to the driver properties. After all this et-up has been done just go to the ports options and then just click on to the “Add new ports”. After clicking on it you will be displayed with the screen which will be displaying out the screen called the properties of the Minolta-QMS magicolor 3100 properties. After that you just got to click on to the button that is having the option of the New port and then a screen appears in front of you, that will display the message of the Add standard TCP/IP port Wizard. After that just click on to the next option and then the installation of the new ports in the system is complete. And this will solve the problem that is faced by the printer that is being used by you.

Have you guys REALLY been able to install the crown print monitor for Windows 7... and get your printer to work.... If so I NEED help!!!

I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 2200 Desk Laser. I am running windows 7 from what I have read people have installed XP Virtual machines to make it work but that is just too much over head to try to print...

What I would like to achieve is the ability to print from my windows 7 machine to my networked Minolta QMS Magicolor 2200 Desk Laser...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sincerely

Big E

I don’t think so above mentioned printer will have support for Windows 7. But you can do work with that by installing Virtual PC and reload Windows XP system.

Hey all... I solved this today and its super Easy and it works on ALL my environments.... Windows 7.... Vista... AND XP... when attached as a network printer

All I did was get the latest drivers from Minolta... I am not sure it even makes a Friggin difference what version you use... and extract it to a location on your system... this is where I got them from

Then got to printers.... install local printer... Then Select create a new port... and choose standard TCP/IP Port...

Then from your printer... Take it off line and use the menu to verify that your printer IP is in the correct range for your network and then from the cmd prompt ping it to make sure it can be seen on the network...

Then when you get to Additional port Information required click "custom"....

For a Magicolor 2200 set the protocol to raw and the port number to 35

Then I click the have disk option and goto the location where you downloaded the drivers...

Printer will be "Magicolor 2200 Desk laser"... Replace the current driver... and it will work just fine.... At least it did on 4 of my machines tonight... 2 windows 7 machines and one vista machine and one xp machine...

That crown print thing is crap... this ended up being so easy I can not believe how much time I wasted trying to figure it out!!!

Let me know if you have any questions

Sincerely

Big E

Hi,

were you able to do this under 64-bit Win 7?

I have installed the printer with standart win 7 driver, changed the RAW port to 35, but after i send print the printer indicates it is recieving data (for split second) and then nothing.
    I cant change the driver to standart one as the system wont let me use 32-bit driver under 64-bit OS, and there is no standart 64bit driver

I also have tried to use Minolta's other printers 64-bit drivers but without any luck

I have configured windows XP mode and from there I can print, but for obvious reasons I would love to print directly from Win7 - 64bit.

Does anyone actualy got the printer to work under 64bit OS?

Thank you for your help.

As long as it is set up and configured as a network printer I have had it printing on all my machines with the standard drivers... I have not had any success with printing Directly to the printer when Not using it as a network printer

I have set it up as a network printer.
    The printer responds to pings, I can acces the printers web GUI from my browser. The data diod flashes if I sent print, the printer queue empties, but it doesn't print.

I created virtual PC on my laptop with Win XP and the printer works perfectly so there is not problem in my network, or the printer. The only thing remains is the 64-bit OS.

So my question remains. Does anybody have had luck on 64-bit instalation of WIN 7 or all of you who are priting from win 7 have 32-bit instaltions?

You can find the OS version by right-clicking on the computer > choose preferences and there is system type > do you have 64 bit OS or 32 bit OS

I Already Told you that I have my 64 bit machine running this... I do not have a virtual machine and it works fine...

Under Ports set up a new port for the IP...
    Use Standard TCP/IP
    Use the Raw Protocol...
    Set Port Number to 35

also if its a 2200 use the standard windows 7 2200 driver....

"Magicolor 2200 Desklaser"

There are lots of issue while using this printer on network. Anyhow this was most common in Windows vista. But Windows 7 32bit is stable. You need to find the right driver for that which can help you to connect the network printer. Try to found a solution for magicolor 2300DL which can help you to get a similar help for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast