Thread: Wireless mouse stops working randomly, red light stays on

Wireless mouse stops working randomly, red light stays on

I contain a Microsoft "Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0". The past duo days, for no apparent cause, it's started to arbitrarily not work. In the seconds before it stops, the cursor will start for a moment freezing then appearing where it should be depends on where I moved the mouse at the same time as it was frozen. Then it will freeze totally. Once the cursor freezes, the mouse will be totally insensitive. The red light at the underneath of the mouse will also hang about on bright, in spite of of whether I am moving the mouse or not. When it initially started I went from end to end some essential troubleshooting steps: I attempted to re-sync the mouse with its receiver. After pressing the connect button, the handset will sit there blinking its light but not judgment regarding whatever thing. The mouse does not seem to react at all to pressing its connected button. So if anyone knows the explanation for this then please attempts to help me as soon as it is probable for you. I just want to thanks you in advance.

Re: Wireless mouse stops working randomly, red light stays on

When I have seen this thread I think there will be any solution in this but there is no any solution for my query. Actually I am also going through this and in this currently my mouse cursor freezes on the screen. So in order to get rid from this issue I have disconnected and reconnected the cable to the mouse but after stopping and restarting the PC, the cursor moves again and then hangs again. So why like this it is happening and in order to fix this what should I do?

I have also done the same thing in that I have reinstalled but it is same. I repeat that my pc is thoroughly cleaned and at the process level nothing works in a great extent. I have 1 GB of ram and I am not even a used 350 MB from this. And I also like to do a repair. It keeps the drivers and software but do not keep the windows updates and I cannot find clean at all. So please tell me any suggestion in order to get rid of from this issue.

Like you guys I have also faced this kind of issue but in that the solution which I have tried after that it is working properly. In this I think there may be the issue of the infrared receiver. I think it is not receiving the signal properly. So I will suggest you to change this. May be this will going to help you as it did in my case. And ya after trying this also you will not able to get solution for your query so you just go to the other forum site I hope there you will get solution. Because as much I know regarding this I have explained over here.

I looked at the device manager; the drivers for my mouse were removed. I have reinstalled, the system which told me that the "device works properly", but nothing to do pointer still blocked. Finally, I took out a mini-USB wired mouse ball on my laptop, I plug it and then the mouse works miracles! So I think my wireless optical mouse has just passed away it!

In the company of all due respect, "a computer mouse does not last everlastingly" rankles a bit, since mine is only 6 months old. At 800 rs plus this seems to go beyond the "built in obsolescence" we have been indoctrinated to expect. I am very aggravated. My experience is exactly that of the original post-er. I will continue to look for answers somewhere else. My subsequently wireless will not be a Microsoft product!

I looked at the device manager; the drivers for my mouse were removed. I have reinstalled, the system which told me that the "device works properly", but nothing to do pointer still blocked. Finally, I took out a mini-USB wired mouse ball on my laptop, I plug it and then the mouse works miracles! So I think my wireless optical mouse has just passed away it!

In the company of all due respect, "a computer mouse does not last everlastingly" rankles a bit, since mine is only 6 months old. At 800 rs plus this seems to go beyond the "built in obsolescence" we have been indoctrinated to expect. I am very aggravated. My experience is exactly that of the original post-er. I will continue to look for answers somewhere else. My subsequently wireless will not be a Microsoft product!