Thread: mouse acts as jerky in windows 7

mouse acts as jerky in windows 7

Having a windows 7 32-bit system architecture compatible Dell machine, this is assembled with a Microsoft wires keyboard and Logitech wireless mouse. Which works fine with all the hardware peripherals, but there is a problem with the mouse. the mouse is erratic or jerky. It happens first while I was doing some official works in my machine, suddenly the mouse stopped working, but before that it acts as connecting and disconnects automatically. I thought that it is a connectivity problem and every time while the problem occurs I simply reboot the machine and along with that reconnect the mouse, but this does not gives me any result. What should I do to solve this issue; any suggestion on this problem will be appreciated greatly.

Re: mouse acts as jerky in windows 7

First of all make sure that the wireless connection of both the machine and the mouse is enabling. And the batteries are fully charged of both the keyboard and mouse. I had the similar issue and I did a simple solution for this problem, for that you need to remove the battery and begin the process. You can able to solve the issue by update the driver which is installed for mouse. Click on start and type device manager into the search command line argument. From the driver tab locate mouse in device manager window, right click on the device and select update option. And finally click on OK. Try this; I hope this will definitely helps you to solve the issue.

I think the recommended driver for the mouse that you are using is not support or crashed in your machine. So for that you need to download the latest hardware driver from either web site if this avail there or turn on the windows update option in your machine. for that go to start menu and search windows update option, now select the option install automatic update option, this will automatically windows update along with that necessary updates of your driver. Enable the option from windows update and select the option but during the process make sure that the machine is connected with internet. After few minute it will automatically collect some of the update option, and ask you to install these in your machine. Install them, I hope by this the problem might be solved, because this is problem with windows platform. In my sister’s laptop this similar issue happened, then I do the similar process, and yes this works there. Also along with the windows update you can also get rid of other hardware driver problems.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I was facing the similar issue with the keyboard, but according to my tricks to solve this is sounds as peculiar, I restore the machine and it simply solved. Actually I was also not have the information about this, after encounter the problem I searched in internet and found that these type of problem might be resolved with the system restore. So I would like to also suggest you to restore your machine, though you are having the problem regarding mouse, so it will also effectible in this problem. To restore that first of all select the date and time where you did not encountered this problem, now go to start menu and select the system restore option under Accessories, from that window select the date and time to where you are willing t o restore the machine. After complete the restore of your machine it will ask you for reboot the machine, do it for making the changes. I recommend you to during restoring the machine do not attach the mouse in your machine.

According to me, I would also like to suggest you to download or update the driver. And this will be better if you leave the machine for automatic update, because as per my knowledge the mouse driver may not offered by all manufacturer. Though all the drivers are collaborate with windows environment, so if you go for the windows automatic update then this will locate the driver along with you will able to get the driver which is exactly compatible with the windows version that you are using or you update. I think this will very easiest or more effective way to solve the issue. But after install the windows update if the mouse still does not works then try once to locate the driver from manufacturer web site, be sure that you are downloading the mouse which is compatible with the machine environment. If still you does not got nay result then I recommend you to replace the mouse with other one, it might be corrupted.