Thread: HP OfficeJet J4580 printer won’t FAX system throw an error

HP OfficeJet J4580 printer won’t FAX system throw an error

I have installed new Microsoft Widows 7 system in my desktop computer, it has Intel Core 2 Duo processor @3.2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 320GB SATA hard drive, I think I have no problem with this system but I am facing some error message when try to FAX something from my HP Office-jet J4580 multifunction printer. I have installed all driver related to printer, you know what all other function works great means printing and scanning but the weird thing is that FAX is not working like my need. Every time I see error message when I give a command to FAX, this error shows sometime when I connect to FAX modem, this error message look like “An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator”. Do you have any idea about this kind of problem, if you have any suggestion, by which I can solve this problem, please gives it to me, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Please help me out from this kind of mess.

Re: HP OfficeJet J4580 printer won’t FAX system throw an error

First this that you want to understand that windows FAX and SCAN cannot use a printer a FAX modem. As per my idea there is only one device is used for this, it means standard analog FAX modem. It has ability to use this FAX portion from windows, but to accomplish this task you need a driver, and this driver you will get from the manufacturer of that printer. From my side I have only this suggestion, think over it and do your best.

---- This type of problem you have to face, if this printer has some technical problem and due to this reason you can’t do this operation. This is also possible that if your system has lost connection wizard, this is not a proper cause but has some possibility to give this problem. To fix this problem, just recreate this connection setup from your system, I hope after trying this solution, your system might work on with your requirement.

You can fix this problem by simply following step. For that first check your windows hardware compatibility, by which you will know that your system capable for FAX or not, then verify that your FAX device is using latest drivers or not, if not then install it from internet, then open device manager in that you will find modem just give a right click on that and select diagnostic option, when you done with that just give a test fax. I hope you can understand what I am saying you, try to figure out this problem, in this way.