Thread: windows XP: after turn off, AHCI drive still staying inside the machine

windows XP: after turn off, AHCI drive still staying inside the machine

Running a HP computer with the windows XP platform, using Advanced Host controller interface with the hard drive. And I am here to share a problem which is occurred with the hard drive, whenever I power off the drive, it look to stays in the machine, I am using to connect the hard drive with separate power source. When I power on the drive it shows that, the external drive is powered on mad stay inside the machine. How can eject this one, where there is no Safely Remove Hardware option is flashes in screen? I hope some will be help me to solve the issue. Any input regarding this will be greatly thankful.

Re: windows XP: after turn off, AHCI drive still staying inside the machine

After turn off the drive did you try by refresh my computer window, because I think this will definite go away from there. Try to refresh my computer, and if still the same problem occurs, then I suggest you to make sure once by checking on the properties windows of task manager, that whether the drive instance is working or not in the background. If it runs then be sure there should be an issue with the driver which is installed after first time plug in into the machine. Look for the driver of the device inside the driver tab of device manager and reinstall with the manual option. I hope by this you will be able to resolve the issue. Along with that make sure that the drive connector is working fine in your machine.

This type of problem is sometimes occurs for the chip set driver, because this is only driver which is configured with both the software as well as the hardware, and as per my knowledge maximum number of problems regarding hardware is occurring by the graphical chip set driver. Might be the driver which is installed into your machine is not properly specified with the hard drive, because all the operation are collaborate with the hard drive and the issue that you mentioned in your post regarding the drive. So I recommend you to try once by update the chip set driver. I had the similar issue and after a deep research manually about this problem, I found the problem is occurred for the chip set driver. Try with this, I hope by this you will get resolved the issue.

First of all from the properties of my computer enter into device manager and from there disable the drive, do this before power on , it may take some time to disable the drive, wait for the pop up appears in the screen regarding the disabling. I think this is the matter of device running in the environment console, before turn it next time , make sure that it is disable properly and reboot the machine, after the reboot go to the machine background and be sure that the device is not running there. Also one more thing in the device it will list if this will run under the machine environment. Go through this process i hope this will some how help you.