Thread: optical drive creating problem for ntkrpamp.exe file

optical drive creating problem for ntkrpamp.exe file

Having a machine which is running under windows XP pro, and in the machine recently installed "HP DVD Writer 1140r", which is for not running properly the DVD writer. I installed normal XP driver for the writer, by replacing optical driver there is no issue now. All are going smooth. In the previous writer there was a reading problem in the writer. But after few days, ithe new one also encounters a problem which is occurred during the loading of a CD or DVD to burn some of the important files under that. Now the screen is getting blue color. Though I installed with the original driver, I copied the minidump file or the driver and this indicates that the problem is for “ntkrpamp.exe”, what is this actually? How to fix this problem? Any suggestion on this problem?

Re: optical drive creating problem for ntkrpamp.exe file

I think the driver might be out dated, so for that you need to update the driver with latest version. Though then error message that you mentioned in your post is occurs for the driver execution file in the system process. So by missing the execution file from the process, the loading process is occurs. So I think by updating the driver version this problem will be resolved, for that you go to properties window of my computer and from there select the device driver and right click on it and select the update option. And after the update process you need to reboot the machine for applying the changes that you made, or you can do another think, if you store the driver application in any external device like disk or the USB drive then explore the driver installer folder and look for “ntkrpamp.exe”, in the folder then copy and paste the file into the installation folder under my computer.

It sound as the hardware issue, so I would like to ask you is the loading problem is occurring with the particular disk? If it occurs with the other then I recommend you to attach the drive with the onboard IDE controller and if it happens same problem then it is sure that the drive is OK and the problem is regarding the onboard of the machine. in your onboard check the jumper, whether this one responding properly or not with the drive. As per my knowledge the IDE channel is having two ways to of settings one is master and other one is slave, the optical driver is able to works with both of them. But some of the drives are not properly working any one of them, suppose if your might also the same problem if this then change the configuration order of your optical drive. Along with that clean the lens of the optical drive, this also can be the issue of that. I hope by the information you somehow could be helped.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Generally the problems with the optical drive are causes for the IDE drivers, if you are having NVidia's NForce2 connected with main board or the other Intel chipset, where you installed the NVIDIA or IDE drive then for solve the issue, there are two mainly used ways are present. Which is either update the driver with latest version or the better one is un-install the driver. Other think is that by the driver firmware this problem might occur, because the driver and the firmware of the driver both are connected with onboard, so by this issue the problem is might be occur in the motherboard. So to update the driver , don’t go through any third party web site, got o the manufacturer official web site and from there download the latest version driver, and make sure that this one compatible with the machine environment. Or if you got the driver CD with the machine, then install the driver from the disk, this will also effective. And after the installation you need to make some configuration with the drive if needed.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I was faced the relevant issue on my optical drive of HP Compaq laptop and would like to share you some information’s regarding this issue which might be help you to resolve the issue some how. So in my machine I found that the drive is missing transfer mode in the PIO. This is basically done while you are using the drive for any CD or DVD playing. So for this the user needs to fix this issue manually from the device manager. The PIO is situated in the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. Under that look for the drive portion, if it shows in the mode of PIO then disable this, and if by this will not resolved then I suggest you to un-install that one. Switch to the top of the device manager window and in the search panel right click on the panel and select the hardware changes. It will by default change the mode of transfer during accessing the drive, which is named as UDMA 2 transfer mode. Along with that I suggest you to check the software and hardware configuration, because maximum number of problem in any machine regarding optical drive which is encountered fro the software or hardware mis-configuration. If the problem is due to the software then re-install that one, on other hand if the issue is for hardware then first of all update that one, if this one not works then simply replace the drive.