Thread: Setting keys of Acer aspire 5536 keyboard

Setting keys of Acer aspire 5536 keyboard

Few days before only I have purchased a new laptop of Acer Aspire 5536 model. I have heard about enabling and disabling of hot-keys, function keys. I want to know if I can program the keys of keyboard in my own way. I need a solution that describe step by step how can we program the keyboard keys in our own way.

Re: Setting keys of Acer aspire 5536 keyboard

For changing the keyboard function you need to download and install launch manager according to your system configuration. Launch manager is required for the keys to function properly. Also with the help of launch manager you can change the function of keyboard keys based on your decision. If you are having launch manager then with the help of it you can assign the key to a specific application.

From the above solution I have changed the function of keys on my Acer Aspire 5536 laptop. I want to know that can we program the keys to open a specific application such as word, excel file etc. because opening the application by going to the Start/All Programs/Application name is very pathetic. Give me the solution for setting the shortcut key for my application.

You can program the keys to open a specific application. For setting the keys to open word, excel etc file you need to download and install winkey. It is a program through which we can create shortcut keys. Winkey program key comes with a preset shortcut key. Some best ones are shortcut keys to the hard disk, CD-ROM and to My Computer. Open the winkey by double clicking on it. Click on the add box. A window will appear and you need to add the command line which will be calling the program. Now you need to enter the shortcut key and press the ok button. Shortcut key has been set to the specific application.

Also you can follow the below given steps to change the function of keys on Acer Aspire 5536
    • Go to the start button on the desktop and select search window.
    • Now you need to type quick in the search window.
    • From the list of items you need to select Acer aspire quick launch button.
    • Click on the arrow to the right of the key which you want to modify. Now you can choose a programmable action from the list of drop down items.
    • Click on apply button and then click on ok button o save the changes.