Thread: Which DVD Writer is Reliable and Durable??

Which DVD Writer is Reliable and Durable??

Previous week I damaged my DW1655, as well as I have been seeing for a good DVD-writer yet in view of the fact that. I have used up hours on website previously, however still I at a standstill do not be familiar with what on the way to purchase. I desire to burn DVD+R's (Imation as well as Verbatim completely) by means of my new burner, as well as I am looking for the following:

1. good quality PI or PE
    2. Long life of the discs
    3. Superior scanning skill, each and every one other drives I have, cannot scan PI/PE extremely fine.

I do not worry regarding speed, compatibility or else several other issues. What should I purchase (I be able to obtain no matter which)?Thanks in advance.

Re: Which DVD Writer is Reliable and Durable??

You would think about them on the way to be consistently fine? If the Plextor is superior at burning superiority discs, I had happily paid double the price of the extra drives.I am kind of dissatisfied in Benq. Several occasion ago, I observe a DVD I burn 6 months previous to by means of my Benq 1640/1620, as well as it stammer in the end, as a result to state. After that I tested it in 1640, as well as Nero CD/DVD Speed gives me a score of on top of 90, at the same time as testing it at 16x. It presently showed that Benq DVD-scans are not consistent.

I have used 3 DVD writers (1 was a combo drive till at the moment).
    First DVD: 5yrs previously. Brought latest computer as well as brought a LG combo drive. Subsequent to 1.5yrs it started trouble by means of reading DVDs. several Digit DVD were read. Some do not. Furthermore set up CRC (cyclic redundancy check) error on several DVDs as well as lastly CDs. Almost immediately it died in 2yrs.
    Second: Sony DVD writer. Worked just well for 6months as well as than bang. Troubles, errors changed it get a substitute. But I experience it’s a used part. Changed it at what time just 1 week guarantee was left. Warranty over, writer over.

Third: Currently using LG DVD writer. No trouble till at the moment. 2-3 months old.

I am not saying those writers go bad for the reason of technical defects however possibly cause of the cheap 450W frontech PSU I was using after that.

I have had affirmative familiarity by means of lite-on drives. My aged combo drive as of from several years ago at a standstill works well. In view of the fact that I lately purchase a new DVD writer, I have now reserved my old combo drive left, on the way to be used at the same time as a backup in case the new drive unexpectedly conks off.After everything else I checked, the majority of these DVD writers cost wherever from 850 to 1100 bucks. As well, the LG as well as Samsung drives were selling in a plastic sheet by means of a cd. I am not certain if these drives yet come by means of a sata cable(require explanation about this). The Lite-on as well as ASUS writers I saw were selling in their own boxes. It does not matter although, as there is barely something additional in the box besides to some extent superior packaging, a nero disc, sata cable, as well as a thin instruction manual.

Except if you require DVD-RAM, high speed burning, 1640/1655 be able to burn a mixture of media by means of superior quality. I obtain fine results by means of OPTODISC/Infodisc/Infomedia/Nanya/Longten should etc, on the way to name a few. Of course, superiority media feeds BenQ-Philips.Other than BenQ, Liteon/Pioneer would be my second option; however I tend on the way to like Liteon for feature-wise. At the same time as for burning superiority, they all overwhelmed me positively.

Both my 1620 as well as 1640 are crossflashed - the first one as of from a Philips, the second one from a Sony I purchase it for the reason that it looked so nice. Are they just as fine as a real 1640? If thus I will make use of my Sony DW1640.The 1620 turn up each and every one the DVD's, yet according to its own scans. I for all time burn at 8x, as well as yet at that speed the DVD's had a late spike in PI-failures.At the same time as for scans, are scans regularly consistent? I do not be familiar with why I should trouble scanning if they are not. I completely fright subsequent to I saw that yet a good scan from my 1640 be able to result in a bad DVD, that's the cause why I purchase the 1655.Is the DW1670 some fine for burning? I purchase that one; however it cannot yet scan, as a result I do not know. As well as I read on website that using other burners for scans is untrustworthy