Thread: Want a cooler fan for motherboard and CPU

Want a cooler fan for motherboard and CPU

I chosen desktop when I was given an option between laptop and the computer. I have a GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX motherboard and require a cooler for the CPU.I was wondering if either of these 2 Zalman coolers would fit my motherboard? First is ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler and second is ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler I am not too worried about the case being large enough because I will buy new case. Also, the silver cooler is a 4 pin in addition to the copper is a 3 pin. What is the benefit of the 4th pin on the silver cooler?

Re: Want a cooler fan for motherboard and CPU

Ya from my opinion both of those coolers will work with your board the four pin is the configuration found on newer motherboard the extra wire is utilized for fan speed monitoring plus controlling .you be able to utilize a three wire on a motherboard that has a four pin CPU fan header in addition to you be able to also make use of the four pin on a motherboard that simply has a three pin CPU fan header.

I want some explanation please. My MOBO has 3 pin SYSTEM FAN connectors, a 3 pin North Bridge connector, a 3 pin power fan connector, and a 4 pin CPU fan connector. What is the differentiation among these connectors? I choose to buy the all copper zalman cooler 3 pin as I hear all copper is better to disapate heat somewhere the aluminum zalman cooler has 4 pins. Will there be a trouble using the 3 pin connector as an alternative of the 4 pin CPU fan connector? Would I be sacrificing auto speed control or something else? Do I utilize the system fan or power fan or must I buy as well as utilize the 4 pin CPU fan? What do I hook on to the NB connector....got a link?

CPU coolers constantly get connected to CPU fan header. Yes you be able to acquire a four pin cooler plus connect it to a three pin motherboard they are universal. Several fans utilize two wires for temp plus speed control others utilize one. It makes no difference. If you go to the zalman website you will observe an installation movie by means of every CPU fan. It will help you.

Hey, even I need some help regarding cooler fan. I am having AMD processor as well as Crosshair IV motherboard. I did not have the thought that Phenom II CPU's may reach 60C. I badly require a cooler for this CPU. I would like to do it quickly. While doing this I do not desire to block the slot 1 of RAM. Can you all advise me several of the fans for this? Also I would like that the heat sinks on the motherboard should clear as well.

You have requested for a definitive cooling item then I would advise you to go for Scythe SCMG-2100 Sleeve CPU Cooler. As it has better reviews plus outcomes from different forums. The model number of this thing is SCMG-2100, a brighter version. It is well-suited with the Intel sockets plus the AMD sockets. The RPM is around 1300rpm approx, 100rpm extra then SCMG-2000. I am sure that this will provide the definitive cooling for the CPU of yours.