Thread: Canon-Pixma iP2580 Printer is not working in windows 7

Canon-Pixma iP2580 Printer is not working in windows 7

I am using Windows 7 32-bit for my desktop from last few days. Also have Canon- Pixma iP2580 Printer. But I am facing some strange issue with my printer. When I try to connect it with my PC I am not able to connect it. The OS doesn’t recognize the printer. It just says that it doesn't exist on my computer. Can anyone have any solution then please help me. I just frustrated with this error. So pleas guys help me.

Re: Canon-Pixma iP2580 Printer is not working in windows 7

Many of the people are facing this kind of the errors. I don’t think it your printer errors. So i think first of all make sure that the Canon-Pixma iP2580 printer is connected properly to the computer system. Also you have to make sure that the printer cartridge is not empty and also check that it is in the working condition. Also make sure that you had installed Windows 7 properly without getting any errors. If you have installed Windows 7 very recently, then I will suggest you to just re-install Windows7 again.

I think first you have to make sure that you have installed the Canon printer diver. If this is not the case they May the drivers for the printer are not updated. In this case you have to update your drivers first for your Canon PIXMA printer. To update the please refer the following process:
    1. First click on the Window button, then Setting and then you just have to select Control Panel.
    2. From Control Panel you have to select System. It will popup the System Properties menu. From this you have to select Device Manager.
    3. Now you have to browse to your Printer Device and double click on it for which you want to upgrade the drivers.
    4. Then simply you have to go to the Driver. In this you just have to click on Update Driver option.

Now see if your printer is working OR not?

Thank you MACuser and mathews For your valuable feedback. I have try all the above mansion procedure as you have mention. I have updated my driver and also I have installed the diver very properly. While doing that I also have not got any errors. But still I am not able to fix this issue. I am still not able to connect my printer to my PC. I don’t know what the issue is. So please help me. Thank you again.

I have read you problem very carefully and also I have read all the above post also. I think this is not your drive issue OR not you’re Windows 7. I think it is your Canon printer problem. I think you have to just contact your service provider. I am sure they will solve your problem. Or else you can h\just installed the latest Canon p\Printer drivers.