Thread: Dell 968 Printer not working

Dell 968 Printer not working

I have got a printer Dell 968, i have recently loaded a new cartridge the problem is that everytime i pass a command to print it does not starts printing. The cartridge ink is shown full in the screen now whats the problem with my printer is it some cartridge issue or is there some problem with my printer. It starts and gets off normally. It seems that the instruction never reaches the printer from the CPU. So tell me where does the problem lie.

Re: Dell 968 Printer not working

The problem lies in the connection of the CPU to the printer check with the cables if it is inserted properly then switch off the computer and start it again. Sometimes there is a problem with the cable's when they are not connected properly in any of the device the information seems to have lost. So that's where your problem start's. The instruction is not received by the printer even if it is sent by the CPU. Though it will appear to be ON for you but it will simply not take the instruction. So just try with the above solution and it may help you solve the problem.

The problem may also lie in the driver of the Monitor. Just uninstall the driver from your system and install it again and then reboot the system. You can also try updating the printer's driver from the Dell website's available in the internet. The Driver's have to be updated for the better functioning of the hardware's. After you have done with the updating just re boot the system it will work out for you.

I want you to check the working of the printer with the different software's . Like if you are working on the Microsoft office word document and you are giving the print command and if the print command is not getting recognized then try the print command with the other software's like notepad or any other software which provides you the option of the print command. If the command is working in the other software then the software in which you where not working was not proper. If it doesn't respond to the commands with the other software's also then the problem is with the printer. Just try this and i assume it will work for you.