Thread: Open front door error in Dell laser MFP 1815

Open front door error in Dell laser MFP 1815

I bought the new Dell laser MFP 1815 printer for all my office work and it was going well till yesterday. I had taking out toner cartridge and paper tray with the intend to clean my printer but after all the putting back, when I was trying to take print that time a error message is popping up. This error is coming and going for sometime but now it won’t go away anymore. I have tried several things to resolve it but not succeed. If anyone knows how to get rid of this query then please tell me that.

Re: Open front door error in Dell laser MFP 1815

I have done a quick search regarding this query and I have found that this kind of error can be occurs because of the bad sensor. Sensor is common micro switch situated on the HVPS board, I think you check with you printer for once. And I think that this part of the printer is not available is the market for the same may be you have to do more searched for this. I hope this information may help you.

I am agreeing with above reply but I think that you can fix this problem by yourself. This message is comes when the front door is open or if something is wrong with sensor flag or with the sensor. The sensor is the horizontal bar and the door sensor is appears when the door is open at the left side of the opening. To resolve this issue press it in with the thin object and presses it in about 1/2". If by doing this your message is goes away then it means your sensor is good, if not then try to adjust the sensor flag, it is situated at the back of the door on the left side. Flag is the section of plastic that stick out far to engage the sensor. Try one of this solution and I hope by doing this you can fix this problem if not then again reply to me.

There are several reasons for this and I think that this could be happens because of the broken tab of the toner. There is a tab on the toner, if it breaks off then that error occurs. I think the easiest way to overcome this is, take your printer to the Dell support system, because I think that they can make out the exact problem. I think you should not try to Diagnosis by yourself because it can be cause damage to your printer. I think that Dell support system will surely help you on this. If you are having other query then reply me.

Hey, this is in fact the switch that is attached to the HVPS. (Part# WH773). Iteminc.com has this part and can ship same day. The sensor which reads if the door is open can go bad and it is part of the HVPS. Here is a video that explains this error and shows you how to replace it. Hope it helps. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEWefBxNvo