Thread: Unable to view all the files on hard drive

Unable to view all the files on hard drive

I have recently configured a system and the all its parts are latest and new.I am having the windows 7 operating system and the Intel core 2 Duo processor. i am also using the 4 GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk. But yesterday i was not able to stat the windows, Actually when i started the system the screen was totally blank and for that i just removed my hard drive and the fixed it again. after that my system started and everything was fine but some of my files where missing. I have stored all my important data on the hard disk and some of its files were missing. I don't know what went wrong with the hard disk and now i am not able to recover the data please help me in this issue.

Re: Unable to view all the files on hard drive

The first place that you have to look out for the lost file is the recycle bin because it nay happen that the files are being delete by someone or it got deleted by you only. And if you found any of the file there then immediately restore it. There are very less chances of getting the file in recycle bin. After that you have to do the data restoration. You have to use the undelete utility. If you will run this utility, than windows will recover all the deleted that are deleted in a specific period of time. The Fat has the tendency to store a link between the clusters regarding the data. I hope that this will help you to recover the lost files.

I think you have to run the quick recovery program to get all your files back. I am sure it will work because I was also faced such kind of problem and also recovered the data with the help of this recover tool. This will recover all the data by searching through the FAT for the entries that were flagged when the data was stored on the hard disk. I guess running this program will definitely help you and if not the try and use the undelete program which is nothing but Undelete.exe that will help you if the data is delete by mistake. And also there are lots of similar kinds of utilities that will help you to do the similar thing

Well in this case if you want to recover the files that you have lost then you have to set the auto recover information enabled. And if the Save AutoRecover information every minutes option is selected, Word creates a temporary AutoRecover file that includes the latest changes in the document. Every time that Word starts, it searches for AutoRecover files. If Word finds any AutoRecover files, it displays the files that it finds in the Document Recovery task pane.First, to see whether the Save AutoRecover information every minutes option is selected, use one of the following steps:
    • If you use Word 2007: Click the Microsoft Office Button, click Word Options, and then click Save. The Save AutoRecover information every minutes option is in the Save documents section.
    • If you use Word 2003: Click Options on the Tools menu. The Save AutoRecover information every [] minutes option is located on the Save tab.
    • Then, if the Save AutoRecover information every minutes option is selected, try closing Word and reopening it. If the AutoRecover task pane appears on the left side of the screen, click the lost document to restore it.
    • If the Save AutoRecover information every minutes option is not selected, you can try to force Word to recover the document.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case. You can recover the data if that files were created in Micro soft Word then you can have a go over the bellow mentioned steps.
    1. First of all click on Microsoft Office Button in short open it.
    2. Then you have to select the file that you have to search for the file that you want to repair.
    3. So after the search if you will find the file then just select the open and recover option.
    4. The open ad recover option will definitely help you to open that particular file and then just save that file on the system.