Thread: Unable to install Dell 964 printer on Windows Vista 64 bit

Unable to install Dell 964 printer on Windows Vista 64 bit

I got new Dell XPS 420 computer running on windows Vista 64 bit operating system and I have Dell 964 printer, but I could not get this printer to on my computer. I have installed drivers for the same but then also, I cannot access it. I have several question regarding this that is, is my computer and printer not compatible or the driver which I have is not for this. If anyone having any kind of knowledge on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to install Dell 964 printer on Windows Vista 64 bit

I have done quick search regarding your query and I have found that, the drivers you have installed for the printer are may be not for the vista 64 bit. There are no 64 bit drivers are available for this printer. I think that you should see the Microsoft update page with the printer connected; there you can find all the related information on drivers, which can work on many types of hardware. Go through this site for once to know more on this and even if you not find any solutions on this then again reply to me.

I respectfully disagreeing with above reply because I have a 964 Printer attached to a 3300 wireless printer adapter and have no problems because I have installed Vista 64 bit drivers for the 964 printer. And I think that you should download and install these drivers to make printer work. Here I have provided you the link of the site Vista 64-bit Drivers for the Dell 964 printer to download drivers for the same. And I am sure by installing this drivers you will not receive any problems again.

I think that you have may not having proper knowledge about your computer and printer, as far my knowledge your computer and printer is compatible, but I guess that you are using incorrect drivers or may be have not done correct installation for the same. There are drivers which are completely available for the Vista 64 bit computer, through which you can easily use your printer. I think you should again install drivers for this, when you first connect you printer powered on then it prompt you for the driver then start the installation and use 5ft Universal serial bus cable or smaller than that. And if the printer doesn’t want to install, then you should have to use different USB port.
    Last edited by Howitzer; 26-11-2010 at 11:20 AM.