Thread: Lenovo thinkpad sl 510: Not able to log on by using clone hard drive

Lenovo thinkpad sl 510: Not able to log on by using clone hard drive

I am using a clone drive, using this one during boot up the machine, having a Lenovo ThinkPad sl510 business laptop which is running under the environment of windows vista. Make the clone drive by the using of Ghost application tool. I am using for this for encountered so many problems with the single disk, then I create the clone disk, but now I am not able to logged into the machine by this clone disk. I tried with different machine, which works fine but the problem is occurs in only my ThinkPad. For some reason the clone drive is not booting, I searcher all the possible way to detect the cause of reason, but found nothing. What should I do now? How to boot the machine with my newly created clone drive? Any suggestion on this issue will be appreciated…

Re: Lenovo thinkpad sl 510: Not able to log on by using clone hard drive

As per my knowledge the Dell and the Lenovo machines are quite encountered with this type of problem, whatever the drive that is using. I suggest you to use a recovery partition and bootable to that reference, this process is also works for the Linux environment. During boot up any windows environment it occupy the sector of the memory to run this program and while you are using any clone drive for that it takes more than the space which is allocated for the program in the memory. I recommend you to create a image file of that environment. so first you create the image file of the ghost file and whatever the platform you are using in you machine don’t worry about this just use this will help of IB switch which is for interacting the ghost image file with the environment. Deploy the ghost image file into the hard drive also here us the IB switch. The machine will automatically transfer the image file into the boot able device, which is used during boot up the machine with that image file.

I recommend you to download the Recovery repair media from HERE for your machine. Which is contains the package for create the bootable media, which is used for the corrupt boot sector on the primary drove in the machine, as per my opinion the primary drive is corrupted in your machine, for that you are not able to boot the machine with the cloned disk. This is for the proper partition in your machine, and by this you can remove that partition from the hard drive. While you are download the application remember that don’t save the file into the C:\ directory, because while you are trying to boot the machine from this directory the files will be deploying in the boot sector. Select the separate drive and directory to save the file, from that directory the files will not deployed during boot the machine.

I also recommend you to install the bootable diskette, which is for the partition of the drive which you make in the clone drive, locate the installer file from the folder and insert a disk which is in the appropriate sixe in your diskette drive. Right click on the installer file and go to the properties window. Proceed to the Compatibility tab and run eth program by choosing the compatibility mode. Install the application with the onscreen instructions. Select the windows XP (whatever the version that you installed in your machine) and click on OK. After the installation a short cut will created in the current folder, click on that shortcut icon, this will extract the entire necessary file from diskette, you just follow the screen instructions. Recover the machine with this process; now try to log on the machine with the help of the clone disk.

I suggest you to use the application which is named as CloneZilla, by this you create the new clone derive and then copy the file to your original drive from the newly created cloned drive. It is an open source and cross environment which is used to copy the hard drives and if needed later then by this application you can easily restore the drive. First of the main advantage of this application is that it is not a software, so you no need to install that one in your machine. You just download that and burn the application fie into a disk, or you can also load this one in some else like the hard drive which you are trying to access or any USB external device. Reboot the machine from the medium that you created, which is require to access from the BIOS and allow you to boot in the windows version. Try with this, this will definitely help you.