Thread: USB not recognized in Windows 7

USB not recognized in Windows 7

I am having Microsoft windows 7 operating system installed on my laptop. I downloaded some video songs of latest movies from the cyber cafe and then saved it to the pen drive. I inserted the pen drive into the USB port of the laptop. After inserting USB port my USB drive is not recognized and no “New hardware found” pop up is displayed.

Re: USB not recognized in Windows 7

If the USB port is not recognized in your system then you need to check the USB drivers. For checking the USB drivers you need to go to the device manager in the USB controller. Under the USB controller uninstall all the devices. Now restart the system and then reinstall the USB drivers. Now insert the USB drive into the USB port. Windows operating system will recognize it immediately.

The USB drive which you are inserting into the USB port of the laptop might be having loose connection. For fixing loose connection you need to unplug the USB drive for some time. Insert the USB drive into the USB port very tightly and firmly. This method will recognize your USB drive which was not being identified due to lose connection.

In the case of USB device not recognized then you can use driver finder program. Driver finder program is software that can find and download device driver on your system based on the hardware that is automatically identified. If the USB drive is not inserted into the USB port then also driver finder program will automatically download and install USB driver for it.

You can force the system to recognize the USB drive inserted into the USB port by making use of Device Manager. To use the device manager you need to follow the below steps:
    1. Go to Start and select Run window.
    2. In the run window type “Devmgmt.msc” and press the ok button. The device manager window will be opened.
    3. Click on the computer as the location for scan.
    4. In the action menu click “Scan for hardware changes”
    5. Now the windows XP will recognize your new device. After windows XP recognizes the new device you need to close the device manager by clicking on close button.