Thread: Want Drivers for Dell AIO 924 printer having Windows ?

Want Drivers for Dell AIO 924 printer having Windows ?

I have a desktop system ,which is working very fine , the thing which is not working upto my level of satisfaction is my printer. I have got a desktop system with 500GB of hard disk, 2 GB of RAM and core 2 duo processor with a graphic card installed as well. I have got a Dell AIO 924 printer , but it is of now use because it does nto print anything and it is very frustrating , please give me solution if any one has, I will be very thankful. P.S I use Windows & operating system.
    Last edited by Gandhik; 25-11-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Re: Want Drivers for Dell AIO 924 printer having Windows ?

Do not worry , lot of people face the printer issue initially , even I did. First of check the power of the printer, whether printer powers on or not. If the Printer is powered on check the cable of the printer. Turn off the system unplug the cable from the current USB port and connect it to another one , I am telling you this because it is possible that the USB port is not working. You ca also check the drivers of the printer in the device manager. To go to device manager , right click on my computer, from the left pane select device manager.

Yes thank you for your valuable suggestion. I checked the power, the printer is powered on, I also checked by changing the cables and plugging it to some other USB port, but still it is having the same issue. Then as you directed I checked the device manager, after selecting the printer I saw a question mark on the adjacent left hand side of the printer. I know that this mark is shown when the drivers are missing from the system . I want to know from where I can get the drivers of my printer , please give your feedback.

If you see a yellow colored question mark corresponding to the printer in the device manager, then for sure the driver of your is the root cause of your issue. First of all I would suggest you to disconnect the printer and then run the patch and you will have to remove the printer driver manually.I think the drivers of Windows Vista might also be the issue. So before doing anything with the printer drivers you are advised to install the Windows Vista drivers and restart the system. Ensure that your system has all the latest updates of your operating system as far as the back end compatibility are concerned such as .NET and JAVA framework. Once you have done that , disconnect the printer from your system, then download the patch and driver for your printer, then it will ask you to restart your machine , Connect again the printer to the system . Let me tell you that downloading the patch is very necessary in case you are using a Windows & operating system .

Before reinstalling any printer drivers, it is necessary to remove any printer drivers that were previously installed. Not doing so can cause problems that prevent the computer from communicating with the printer.

To uninstall previous printer drivers:

• Turn off the printer.

• Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your Dell printer, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Dell™ Printers and then point to the listing of your Dell printer and then click the Uninstall Dell Printer icon.
      Do not reconnect the USB cable to the printer until after you have downloaded and reinstalled the printer's drivers.

• When the Dell Printer Uninstall confirmation window appears, click Yes. This process may take several minutes to complete. Do not attempt to power off the computer at this time.

• When the Dell Printer Uninstallation window appears, click to select the Yes, I want to restart my computer right now (recommended) option, then click OK. (The system automatically shuts down and restarts.)
    • After the system restarts, the printer uninstallation process is complete.
    Last edited by Killen; 25-11-2010 at 02:24 AM.