Thread: Dell Dimension e310 beeping continuously

Dell Dimension e310 beeping continuously

I have taken Dell Dimension e310 desktop system on last year. My desktop system won’t boot but I am able to hear the sound of continues beeping from my desktop system. I have tried it by pressing on the F12 button (Function 12 button) through my Keyboard but then also I am unable to resolve this problem from my desktop system. Why my Dell Dimension e310 desktop system is getting this problem, do anyone of you has the solution related to this problem. Please help me to solve this problem.
    Last edited by Selva-Star; 24-11-2010 at 05:14 PM.

re: Dell Dimension e310 beeping continuously

Ok, I understand your problem. I wanted to ask you some few questions related to Dell Dimension e310 desktop system problem. Are you seeing anything on the screen of Dell Dimension e310 desktop system? Can you tell me how many times you can able to hear the sound of beeping on your desktop system? Please provide me this necessary information related to the problem of your desktop system. it will help me to get the proper solution to solve the question.

I am getting in all six beeps on my Dimension E310. It happens when I press the power push button I am getting this issue. The first long beep, then three shorter beeps and then two longs beeps, when I faced the desktop system I am seeing two green lights which is glowing at present. Number three and four the monitor is blank and the visual light which is present o the mouse is not glowing. Do anyone else have the solution related to this will be appreciated.

I have the list problem which is occurred which did you getting from the list select the option and then I will provide you the solution regarding this problem which is occurring on your desktop system.
    • Solid green: Power is on, and the computer is operating normally. On the desktop computer, a solid green light indicates a network connection.
    • Blinking green: The computer is in the suspended state (Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP).
    • Blinks green several times and then turn off: A configuration error exists.
    • Solid yellow: The Dell Diagnostics is running a test, or a device on the system board may be faulty or incorrectly installed.
    • Blinking yellow: A power supply or system board failure has occurred.
    • Solid green and a beep code during POST: A problem was detected while the BIOS was executing.
    • Solid green power light and no beep code and no video during POST: The monitor or the graphics card may be faulty or incorrectly installed.
    • Solid green power light and no beep code but the computer locks up during POST: An integrated system board device may be faulty.

Thank you for the reply but I am unable to distinguish the problem from this list which I am facing. I think that I am facing the problem of Blinks green light for many times and then the desktop system turns off and somewhat like this Solid green light and a beep code during the post. If you have solution associated to this please help me out from this trouble.

Re: Dell Dimension e310 beeping continuously

Here is the solution of the problem occurs related to the beeps of lights
    • Solid green: No corrective action is required.
    • Blinking green: Press the power button, move the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard to wake the computer.
    • Blinks green several times and then turn off: Check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified.
    • Solid yellow: If the Dell Diagnostics is running, allow the testing to complete. Or Check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified. Or if the computer does not boot, contact Dell for technical assistance.
    • Blinking yellow: Check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified.
    • Solid green and a beep code during POST: See "Beep Codes" for instructions on diagnosing the beep code. Also, check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified.
    • Solid green power light and no beep code and no video during POST: Check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified. See "Video and Monitor Problems" in your Owner's Manual.
    • Solid green power light and no beep code but the computer locks up during POST: Check the diagnostic lights to see if the specific problem is identified. If the problem is not identified, contact Dell for technical assistance.

Re: Dell Dimension e310 beeping continuously

I am also having the same Dell Dimension e310 desktop system and I have faced the identical problem with my system. I have then gone to the manual of the Dell Dimension e310 desktop system from there I am able to solve my problem easily. I think you should also go for the manual of your Dell Dimension e310 desktop system this will really help you to solve your problem.