Thread: Can not use the Aspire One touchpad

Can not use the Aspire One touchpad

I am using the Acer Aspire One but there is one thing which is creating problem for me. The touchpad get detected in the game but it does not respond anything when I press any key on that. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me? I have used many touchpad before this but never faced such issue. If I use the external mouse then it works great then what is the problem with the touchpad? Please help me to get out if this problem. Thank you.

Re: Can not use the Aspire One touchpad

You may have changed some settings for the touchpad and that is why it is not working properly. It is also possible that some settings may have been changed automatically and that is causing the problem. Just go to the settings for the touchpad and see whether anything is disabled on that or not? If you are not able to understand that then you can search for the reset option. Reset that and this will reset all the settings to its default value. Try this before doing anything else.

It is possible that the problem may be with the touchpad only that you are trying to use. You can try to connect that on some other laptop if that is available to see whether it is working there or not. If it is showing the same problem there then you will be sure that the problem is with the touchpad itself and you can proceed for the solution accordingly.

I was also facing the similar problem earlier and was searching for the solution for this. I tried many things to fix this but that were not helpful. Finally I removed the Synaptics touchpad driver and software completely from the system that comes from the Acer. After That I found that the touchpad runs more responsive and it give the response properly without any delay. You can also try this and I am sure that this will help you.

There may be the problem with the driver that you are using. It may be corrupted and that is why you are facing the problem like this. To fix this problem, you should uninstall and install the driver again to see whether it helps you or not? If that does not help you then you can search for the latest driver on the internet. Download and install than and I am sure that it will help you if the problem is related to the driver. Thank you.