Thread: Help for Samsung Q35 HDD replacement

Help for Samsung Q35 HDD replacement

I am business related person and I am using the Samsung Q35 laptop mostly for business purpose rather than personnel use. The HDD included in my laptop is 300 GB 2, 5" SATA. Now some what I want to change this drive. I confused right now and stuck between several issues. I am not sure about what type of HDD to purchase for replacement. I am confused about the situation in PATA and SATA options for Q35. I also don’t know how to connect it to the controller. If you help me for this trouble I will be much appreciated.

Re: Help for Samsung Q35 HDD replacement

As far as I know the maximum available capacity Parallel ATA 2.5" HDD is the 250GB WD2500BEVE. It has a large amount of pace that you possibly need. But as you know the high data density indicates high data transfer rates. The issue is that the WD HDD uses a little bit more power than others. If you are concerning about the faster drive then you will find the less capacity 160GB Samsung HM160HC. As far as the connector issue I just know that the power and DATA connector of SATA is different than the PATA HDD.

You don’t need to add much effort on replacing the HDD on Q35. It just the matter of 4 screws. When you see the HDD side on the laptop (left side of the laptop when it is upside down, in front of the sticker of Windows ) you will notice a 2 screws. These 2 screws remove the HDD cover. Now you have left only two screws. The remaining screws hold the clamp for ribbon cable under the HDD panel. Before removing the HDD you have to make sure that to remove or disconnect the main PSU and the battery to make ensure that there is no electricity passing in.

To replace HDD from the Samsung Q35 you need to remove the HDD panel first. Then remove the clamp that is holding the ribbon cable. Next vigilantly praise upwards the left end of the HDD. Usually the HDD is place by rubber pads to absorb shock. Now prize the ribbon cable connector off the further end of the HDD. Now you can easily lift out the HDD. To fix new HDD bend the ribbon cable faintly so that the socket on connector is in front of face. Push the connector into the socket. Once it is fully inside the socket push the HDD into its bay, right hand first. Now replace the screws, clamps and panels as it was before.

First of all you have to compare the maximum and idle power consumption for a selection of 2.5" HDDs. As I know the 7200rpm HDDs depict the majority power. On the X60, the distinction among 25W and 25.5W power exhaust will make a variation of more or less 3 minutes on battery life, but on Q35 the difference between 10W and 10.5W would be about 15 minutes. The additional power will turn into extra heat. But I found that HDDs run fairly cool in Samsung notebooks

To convert from SATA to PATA I think you may require some special kind of clever cable. It also looks like using the same socket for both. When I asked some experts about this issue they told me that SATA and PATA had different motherboards. According to the grapevine, they were unwilling to move to SATA on their portable notebooks because the amplified idle power consume of SATA would have a momentous result on the battery life. The Samsung 5400rpm HDDs be likely to be in the core of the assortment for power expenditure, with SATA dragging more power than PATA.