Thread: compatibility between GPU and motherboards

compatibility between GPU and motherboards

Hi friend, I am looking for installing a new graphic card for my computer I am interested in playing a graphic game and graphic compatibility software for my home and business purpose. My computer resolution is very low. I wanted to install a graphic card in my motherboard but I am very confused among the variety of the cards available in the market. So please give me best advice and tell me which card will be better for my computer?

Re: compatibility between GPU and motherboards

Hello! As you told that you need to install graphic card for your machine. You have to check following things before installing new graphic card. You have a PCI-E slot, and then you go with any type of card. If you want install good graphic manufacturer will not do much of a difference there. There is main thing you have to check the card capability that it is 2.0 cards or not. Then you can buy 2.0 graphic cards.

Before purchasing a new computer graphic card you have to know about the graphic card compatibly whether you are considering an upgrade to your current system, some things you should know buying before graphic card if you buy 3d graphic card chipset like ATI & NVIDIA these brand are good manufacturing cards in the world.

Graphic card slot in desktop machines have two types of slot one is the vga and another is PCI slot. If u compare to vga and PCI than PCI is a more faster which is replacing AGP as the standard for graphic card slots.Basically PCI Express offers roughly twice the data transfer rate of 8x Agp.If u have in your machine Ago slot than u cannot put a PCI Express card in Agp an ago slot or vice versa, so finally if your mother board will have to have PCI Express if u want to use a PCI-E card.

That’s the very easy way to know about how to install the graphic card in your machine refer the following these steps u have to know your CPU configuration after you know what are their slot available if u have new machine than normality all new machine has come PCI graphic slot if your machine under warranty u don’t open the cover. You can refer manual book that’s comes with every machine or mother board.