Thread: Case Available For 80GB IDE HDD And 1TB HDD

Case Available For 80GB IDE HDD And 1TB HDD

I have been using 80GB IDE HDD for my computer since long and I am planning to make it external. I have two ports one external and another Internal. And I wanted a special case through which I can make it external, and can make it in use for other system to. Also I wanted suggestion for 1TB SATA (3gb) HDD that is compatible to my system. I wanted the case suggestions for the IDE HDD and also which are the best cases that can be used for the IDE HDD which is of 80GB specification. Please also tell if it is possible to make the USB HDD for further use.

Re: Case Available For 80GB IDE HDD And 1TB HDD

You have wrong conception of using a HDD without the use of the External Power, it is necessary to use external power for the HDD because it cannot work with out the external power supply. You can try and use the WD and Seagate HDD if it is working for you or not. And if a case is attached it will work properly without any problem in system that you wish to connect the IDE HDD. Also the 80GB should be seen whether it is matching the system requirement of the one which you are using.

The other thing that you wanted a USB HDD which can be made available by using the USB cases that are available in the market and which has got the connectivity in the second USB port that are basically used for the connection purpose and used to draw the power directly from the computer. And if your talking of the HD, WD Cavier Black it would be quite expensive for the use and it is almost twice the price of the Seagate Barracuda SATA.

Their is another option that you can also make the use of the IDE convertor that can be used to convert the IDE to USB by making the use of the converter cables and also the use of the converter box that can be used for the IDE HDD and made to use as the Plug and Play USB. And your planning the use of the HDD which is SATA II but nowadays the new generation uses the SATA III HDD.

The Seagate Barracuda is the better option if your planning to us the External USB HDD for the portable connection to other systems. The Seagate Barracuda is comprising of the 7200 RPM which is good and can be used for the one which you have specified for using the system. Also the WD Caviar is a good option but it will be very expensive for you. The WD Caviar Black is said to be used by the one who is willing to shell out loads of money for the purpose of the external portable connection.

Both use the interface of the SATA 3 gb/s and also the RPM is 7200 with the use of the 32 MB cache memory. You also have an other option for the IDE which is one of the recommended one for the use of the system, that is the IBM 80GB IDE Hard Drive which is known for its High performance and reliability and is known for the best data storage solutions. Also the Cache memory can be increased if it is not working properly for you and as the cache memory is increased the speed and the performance is also increased.