Thread: Download firmware for Brother multi-function network printers

Download firmware for Brother multi-function network printers

Hello friends I have multiple linux computers installed in my cyber and I even have a Brother MFC-8660DN printer that I have connected to the network and I don't have any kind of problem in running the printer with all the computers withe linux operating system on it. I would like to upgrade the firmware of all the linux computer system, but after going through the web I couldn't locate any except the firmware tools for windows. So can any one suggest me with the firmware for linux or is that there is no firmware for linux to help connecting the printer to the network.

Re: Download firmware for Brother multi-function network printers

Since you have mentioned in the post that you are getting the windows version of the firmware from the internet so I would like to inform you that you can even use a wine emulator that will help you to install 6he windows version of the firmware on the linux operating system.Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API that will allow to run windows application on the linux platform. It is like a compatibility program for running the windows application on the linux platform. So go on download the firmware for the windows based application and then use wine for installing it in the linux computer.

Hey I don't understand why are you looking for upgrading the firmware since you are most comfortable in using the current firmware. Also, it is of no use to change the firmware if you are not having any problem withe the firmware that you are currently using. Even if you do upgrade the firmware it will be not sure that it will work without showing any kind of error. The update firmware could cause you problems that you did not have while using the previous version of the firmware. So it is advised to act smart and not to do any stupid things and unnecessarily create problems for yourself.

Hey even I am looking for installing a new version of the firmware on my linux operating system to see how it will behave. I am hardware technician and usually go to places to check other peoples computer if they are having any problem or if they want to upgrade any thing. So to be well prepared I would want to know how can I be able to upgrade my firmware on my computer system that has linux operating system on it. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Hey I would like to tell you that you can use a MASTER FIRMWARE that will allow you to get it easily installed into the system with linux operating system as well as the same time can handle any kind of peripherals with it. Also Microcontroller is preloaded with a version of the master firmware, but you should be sure that you have downloaded the latest version to ensure that you have the firmware compatible with all the latest hardware peripherals is compatible with the latest hardware available. So if you really want to upgrade the firmware I would suggest you to use this firmware.

Usually a firmware upgrade is necessary for all the computer system as it adds many new exciting features that is useful for the users. Also, the users have a lot of interest in finding what is new available for them in the market. But it is actually difficult to come up with new innovations every time so upgrading the firmware is the best option available. You can easily get it from the web and then have to install all the drivers that are compatible with the firmware and then reboot the system and you will be able to make the upgrade successful. Also, you should know that all the information in the system will be lost when you will upgrade the firmware.