Thread: How fast can a 2x 30gb ocz be on raid 0

How fast can a 2x 30gb ocz be on raid 0

I have comprised an firmware version or description 1.41 GC (garbage collector) on the drives. I to be able to utilize TRIM in view of the fact with the intention of I am working with raid and it does not run by means of it, so the GC is my most excellent choice. When I play L4D2, I am until the end of time the first one loaded when the map revolutionize (approximating in VS, or if a map vote is called for when I am previously on a server), additional than I am not always the primary one when I initial attach to a server (I am guessing this might be b/c I am bottlenecked by the server's map load times). In AMD RAIDXpert, when I observation every Vertex independently, it demonstrate WRITE CACHE as facilitated, and NCQ Disabled (not certain if I be supposed to touch by means of the intention of). These I consider were the entire settings with the intention of I by no means altered. You might in addition observe in the attachment beneath the setup of the RAID in device manager.

Re: How fast can a 2x 30gb ocz be on raid 0

The first attachment is by means of Kaspersky IS on. The subsequent one is by means of KIS paused. I do by means of the intention of b/c I feel similar to Internet Security software manipulate benchmarks. Perhaps I am wrong, additional than they are much dissimilar if you observe. Moreover way, the benchmark give the impression of being superior in certain cases, additional than not overall. The Firmware has TRIM facilitated by defaulting. Those speeds give the impression of being attractive terrible, what worries me additional is by means of the intention of is so inconsistent towards the end, give the impression of being similar to degradation to me. There's no method to be familiar by means of for certain.

The GC runs immediately extremely well at least on my SUmmit. The corroborate the FW you encompass has GC on it. Then position it in the BIOS at the same time as sleeping/a small number of hours and let it do its fixation. AS you be familiar by means of, that’s not the simply way it runs, additional than its superior than guessing if your PC goes into S2/3 mode or w/e it takes to run. It determine to run GC in the BIOS. If not, you be able to utilize the Tony TRIM method (be able to be originate at OCZ discussion) and clean it up without, additional than that’s a manual process.

What stripe size be supposed to I be utilizing I might swear I follow the OCZ direct forget what stripe size I went by means of, additional than I imagine I go subsequent to the recommended one on OCZ for Raid 0. If I representation my 2x30GB raid, be supposed to I format and then re-image. I would similar to be familiar with how to force them to be clean. This is infuriating me to the point where I immediately might pop in a 60GB OCZ Agility and be completed by means of RAID 0 everlastingly. I retain information having Raid 0 Raptors for years and Raid 0 immediately by no means stays true excluding for the first a small number of weeks or months if I am fortunate.

I do not have comprised the Vertex SSD's excavation are OCZSSD2-1SLD30G. Uncertain if I have comprised the identical predicament. Excavation has comprised GC previously and is facilitated prior to setting them up in raid-0. I do not observe several tribulations by means of excavation as they run completely extremely well unless I am missing incredible. Even in R0 you be supposed to encompass attractive consistent results subsequent to regarding 64-128k. I do not run R0 so I not be able to demonstrate you myself, additional than the majority I have comprised and seen are as illustrate. By means of the intention of benchmark annihilate my setup. I upgraded together of my OCZ 30GB Vertexes commencing the 1275 OCZ firmware to 1.3 and then to 1.41 GC perhaps 2 months ago. I have comprised to go to 1.3 first b/c by means of the intention of was what OCZ described or I would not be capable to get to 1.4X firmware.

I keep in mind the diskpart commands, additional than I did not be familiar by means of it was necessary to do by means of windows 7. When I installed windows, I imagine it was a brand innovative install on the 2x 30GB Vertex Raid-0. I did skip in excess of a bit of the thread so forgive and forget me if this was response. Did you bring into line the drives. Drive alignment is actually significant for raid setups by means of ssd's. For single drives windows 7 does its alignment by means of no issues additional than not by means of raid setups. This is even additional so for several raid setup actually, esp if you desire the most out of several drive. I immediately ran atto of my well utilized raid-0 setup by means of much older FW by means of the intention of does not sustain or maintain moreover trim or gc. To add to facilitate I have not run several kind of GC or trim program on the hd's at the entire. Become aware of my speeds are not actually by means of the intention of effected at the entire considering drive space is tranquil approximately 50gigs utilized on 120gig's total present to clean install. I did not do an alignment b/c Windows 7 required to inaugurate the Windows 7 diagnostic separation which was throwing it off.