Thread: Epson Workforce 610 won't print

Epson Workforce 610 won't print

I have an Epson workforce 610. It's about six months old. It just ran out of the black ink. I purchased a new one and popped it in. Well, there is no black. If I print a black document, a letter or something, I got a blank page. In frustration, I removed all four cartridges and re-installed them. Now, none of them prints. Just what in the world could the problem be? When I first purchased the printer, I popped in the cartridges and they worked right away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Epson Workforce 610 won't print

Hi,

Do you have windows xp, vista or windows 7 installed on your pc. And have you installed the correct drivers.

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm running XP SP3. The printer was printing before it ran out of black. So, the driver should not be the problem.

yky I have the same printer- Epon Workforce 610 and the same exact problem with the black ink. It ran out I replaced it and it is not working. I have done nozzel checks and chaged it a couple of times and cleaned the heads a few times and no black ink. I would love to know if you solved this problem and if you did how. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eameow View Post
    yky I have the same printer- Epon Workforce 610 and the same exact problem with the black ink. It ran out I replaced it and it is not working. I have done nozzel checks and chaged it a couple of times and cleaned the heads a few times and no black ink. I would love to know if you solved this problem and if you did how. Thanks!
    If i am not wrong then I am assuming you took the yellow tape off of each ink cartridge before installing otherwise the cartridges get vapor lock and no ink can be printed. You can call Epson support since the printer is 6 months old and I would assumes till under warranty. Also, if you have been using 3rd party inks, you may not want to send the printer in with them, it just gives Epson excuses for not doing a warranty exchange.

Yes, I did take the yellow ink off of the cartridge and no It is an epson cartridge and this is the first time I have ever replaced the black ink. The printer is older than 6 months (had for about 13 months) and I did call Epson they told me they could not help me ( out of waranty) and to just buy a new one. I have been researching online and I think the ink jet nozzel is clogged. it is soaking now and it will soak over night. Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

I have two of these printers. Both now have the exact same problem. I let them soak over many nights, and still the problem doesn't go away. Any help would be appreciated.

This looks issue of cartridges. Printer have option of cartridge calibration and this is advice to do whenever they are replaced or removed. The ink flow is what is causing the issue. I do not have the exact way to define how this works and what can be the solution, but anyhow I found this printer manual. I hope there should be something listed in this manual which can guide you.

Epson workforce 610 Manual