Thread: Supercomp optical USB mouse not responding

Supercomp optical USB mouse not responding

Hi,I am using Supercomp optical USB mouse which is not responding sometimes on my DELL Inspiron Laptop1545 with WIN7. I also checked with another Zebronics optical mouse which is also not responding.
    But they are working well on other systems. There was dust in my USB ports and i cleaned them to avoid loose contact. I also browsed on dell drivers list, but there are no drivers available.
    I checked with other USB ports, but still not working. After restarting also, sumtimes the mouse doesnt respond. Iam using avira AV trial version and scanned the system, but no traces of virus. Following are the possible reasons i am assuming:
    1. dust in the USB ports.
    2. drivers
    3. virsu
    SO can u pls suggest a way.

Re: Supercomp optical USB mouse not responding

This basically seem to be an issue with the driver and hence you need to reinstall the driver. All you have to do is to open start menu and then you have to check out for control panel. Now in that open Add/remove program option and check for the device that is been listed with respect to driver. Select and click on uninstall. Now after its removal you have to get the new copy of the application that is the driver and then make it install well. Hope this resolves your issue, Check out.

Re: optical USB mouse not responding

Thanks mate. The problm is solvd. I uninstaled the Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A driver which was found to be corrupted in hardware troubleshooting. Then after a restart even without reinstalling the driver, mouse was working as norma l.