Thread: Minimum CPU required for GTX 460/470?

Minimum CPU required for GTX 460/470?

I want a quick help from you guys. And it is really urgent. I am going to buy Nvidia GTX 470 but related to this I am not sure that whether my CPU will support this or not. So in this if my CPU is able to support this and over clocking is not a choice for me for the reason that my dell BIOS is locked. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz. I have heard mixed things as to whether it can or can't hold up a high end card like the 470 or even a gtx 285 or 260. Looking for some opinion of yours so please post it, thanks

Re: Minimum CPU required for GTX 460/470?

I have used gtx 470 on my previous PC which is of Pentium 4. So in that I have faced lots of issue and because of that only I have decided to upgrade my Pc so I have purchased the new Pc so in that it is working properly. If you want my opinion then do not go for this and first of all you upgrade your RAM. It should be around 2GB so that you will take the enjoyment of this. And I am very much confident that gtx 470 might be like overkill for your CPU but it will almost certainly work with a 260.

I think you have to face problem. And I am agree with the previous reply also. Actually with that CPU you will not able to see any kind of improvement in the future. And I want to know here that why you do not rchase the gtx460 and the additional bucks you save invest in a cheap mobo and another CPU.

Here I think that he has not even started the GPU, so here how are you able to judge whether or not he would see an enhancement? I am running the system in my sig, and also preparing to put a 460 in this system. Even if there is a bottleneck. So that is why I have decided to run this on to the high setting. And also I have card for the later builds. I would be very concerned to observe some 3dMark numbers or some avg. FPS from a number of benchmarks where the only thing altering is CPU clock. I would do it myself but honestly, CBA.

I have just finished my build today early in the morning and also just thought I would address all my unique posts for any person else out there who has such questions. And on the Intel Core 2 duo extreme 6850 quad are able to definitely handle whatever thing I throw at it. I will articulate though it does run HOT, but I saw that coming. So this my experience related to this I hope this will going to help you.