Thread: WD HDD clicking noisy

WD HDD clicking noisy

I have many Western Digital hard drives in my computer. While I turned on my computer today morning, one of hard drives started snapping, it was snapping or clicking pretty noisy then my computer froze later than BIOS screen among a few error messages. After booting it once more, it began snapping another time for about 20 - 30 seconds, then my computer lastly booted, I checked the S.M.A.R.T. of each and every drives with different S.M.A.R.T. tools and each tool demonstrates health check ‘PASSED’, and I can access every hard drives. At the present, how do I require to make sure which one is failing or died? So I could backup the correct hard drive as early as possible. Please……

Re: WD HDD clicking noisy

Hard drives of every brand be unsuccessful occasionally, it is an actuality of life. Viruses, power surges, and user errors which result in data defeat too take place. You should at all times have a backup copy of any data you actually are concerned about. I have an external USB drive I copy out, I as well have an external USB hard drive for the partially significant things which would only obtain forever to get back otherwise.

About 4 months before I finally had a WD drive die on me. That accounts for at least 2 drives from the most important manufacturers. Considering 85% of the drives I have used are WD 1 breakdown or failure is not as well bad. Therefore I have to confess it was the 600GB drive. Loud clicks are normally a awful thing from any HD; and no matter which important should be backed up long previous to you hear comical sounds.

I had a 500GB WD expire or die freshly as well. Inquisitively it was the latest of the 3 500GB WD5000AAKS drives I possess, but the just one with a retail of 1 year warranty. This is the first time in something like 6 years I have contract with a dead WD drive, and that is the mainstream of drives I purchased, not only for myself, but for the numerous, a lot of machines I have built and persist to support for pretty much everybody that be acquainted with me. In my admittedly subjective knowledge, it appears certain models are forever more crash flat, not the manufacturer. Myself and two colleague have every had bad luck with Seagate, but we too all bought 1TeraBytes Seagate drives approximately the similar time. It would not shock me or you can also say that surprise me if they were the similar model, doubtless they were of the 7200.11 series.