Thread: How to Slipstream USB drivers into Unattended

How to Slipstream USB drivers into Unattended

When I try to use the USB in my office at that time the Operating System tries to install a number of drivers and clearly chokes on an error dialog since the users do not have any rights to install drivers. So We have to log under the admin account to allow the Operating System install the drivers and then after that , anybody who utilizes a similar device just plug it in the USB port and then drive come in to view in My Computer window, devoid of the administrator having to interfere. Here I want to ask you that iut is already in to the operating system but how can I activate this from the unattended install so that if somebody plugs a USB drive the Operating System just begins to utilize it usually and does not attempt to reinstall the driver? And here what I want to avoid is that "New Hardware detected" dialogs which is appearing to the user. So how can I do this?

Re: How to Slipstream USB drivers into Unattended

Here I want to know that when you have used this and when you have tested this and if it is worked for you then tell this to us. I am facing this and the main problem is that I am not able to get the solution for this. And I have heard that it is handy to have the install do this. And in this I also do not know that the USB currently I am using it is USB2 or it is 1.1. I consider W2K SP4 already has the 2.0 drivers. So if anybody have quick solution for this then help me.

Here I want to tell you some important news actually in the secpol.msc you are able to modify the value for 'loading and unloading devices' to give permission users install the drivers. I am very much confident that was right, that question was on the test for 70-270. Win2k and XP will conceal unplugged devices. I presume this data is reserved in the enum key. There is a registry squeeze to demonstrate unplugged devices in to the device manager. It is in my install.inf. I believe it is Devmgr show details or somewhat other things. Make possible that, and it will show you where accurately in registry it is at. You can import this key at the time of the installation, although of course I am guessing, I have never done that before. So I know only this much I hope this much of information will going to help you.

At this moment really I do not have much more time and also whatever solution you guys have given here I have tried that but in last I have not get any kind of success in that. So that is why regarding this I have tried to search solution for this on the different forum site but not able to get the perfect solution for this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you.