Thread: USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card with a 5.25" bay

USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card with a 5.25" bay

I am having one issue with the system of mine where i wanted to install the USB 3.0 but checked the Motherboard and come to know that the board does not having any connecting thing for USB 3.0. I am not finding any ways to get it working. Do i get any USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card with a 5.25" bay front panel. If there is any then please let me know about the same so that i can get it working. Thanks in advance.

Re: USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card with a 5.25" bay

You need to go with the USB3 Front Panel which will make this things happening even if your motherboard does not having support for same. I am aware of two product which makes the same things happening. First one is Koutech Dual Channel SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI Express Card (2x internal) Model IO-PEU232 and another one is Koutech IO-FPH430 4-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Front Panel Hub (3.5"). First one is connected as the internal and another one is connected as the external. Both are giving the proper output and response when working with the same. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working or not.

If you do not want to change your motherboard, you can always add a PCI-E x1 or in port Express Card controller. Again, we find Gigabyte GA-and USB 3.0 but also USBGEAR USB 3.0 PCI Express Host Adapter, the PTU-302 NEC with chips, cards Media Active PCI-e and Express Card, Freecom, the Trust 2 Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed PCI-Express Card and Trust 2 Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Notebook Express Card, Startech Express Card. Some hubs (hubs) of Coolgear offer 2 or 4 USB 3.0 ports. I am having some solution which is known as the Asus U3S6 SATA 6 & USB 3.0 Card. The best thing is that you can get it working with the help of the Easy installation and also you don't require the No external power source needed. This peripheral is compatible with the x4, x8 and x16 PCI-E slots. Also let me tell you that the same is compatible with the SATA Hot plug capable. So if you then go through the same and see whether you like it or not.

There are lots of USB 3.0 PCIe 2-Port Expansion Card are available in the internet. All you have to do is to search on the Google regarding the USB 3.0 PCIe 2-Port Expansion Card and you will get lots of online shopping portal that are offer the same. I have looked around on the portal and come to know that one ebay is offering the same so if you can then go through the same and let me know whether you like it or not. All you have to do is to login to the ebay and search for the USB 3.0 PCIe expansion card. You will easily get one working for your device.

The manufacturer StarTech has equipped its catalog a wide range of accessories and peripherals operating with USB 3.0. No fewer than six products are available this month or will be available during the month of February. Here is a small range of products unveiled by StarTech USB 3.0:
    PEXUSB3S2: PCI Express controller card with two USB 3.0 ports. The card is equipped with an NEC chipset μPD720200, thus theoretically reach speeds of about 5Gbps SuperSpeed via its interface. PEXUSB3S2 map is available now at a price of $32.89

Enjoy a USB connection faster than ever with This USB 3.0 controller card on PCI-Express 1x ! 10 times more efficient than USB 2.0, the new BUS SuperSpeed USB offers transfer rates up to 5 Gbps with compatible devices. Simply add the card to your existing configuration and take advantage of impressive transfer rate of new connection without changing the reference platform or invest in expensive hardware! A godsend.

• Chipset: NEC μPD720200
    • Interface: PCI-Express 1x
    • Connectivity: 2x USB 3.0
    • OS Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista / Vista 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit