Thread: Dissimilarity between x-fi titanium and x-fi Platinum

Dissimilarity between x-fi titanium and x-fi Platinum

Hey guys, I want to buy a new sound card. I searched on internet for this and I have selected two from them. That is x-fi titanium and x-fi Platinum. I am confused between those two that which one will be better for me. Is there anyone who has any idea about any of two that which one will be the better one for me? Please tell me differences between those two if you know any.

Re: Dissimilarity between x-fi titanium and x-fi Platinum

I think that the X-Fi Titanium will be a good option for you because X-Fi Platinum is discontinued. If you search for more information then you will find that it is a PCI card which has EMU20k1 chip and only 2MB of RAM. It has the front panel "LiveDrive" module. On the other hand if we talk about the X-Fi Titanium hen we will find that it the recent product and has PCIe X1 card. This card has EMU20k2 chip. You will find 16MB of RAM in it. Therefore if we see both of them then X-Fi Titanium will be the best. This mis just my suggestion and .again the choice is yours.

There is not going to be much difference between these two. If we find any difference in that then it would be a bit sound quality difference. If we talk about the main advantage for the Titanium then it will be the native PCI-E interface therefore it is more futureproof then the card that is there in the PCI interface. There is one more benefit with it that it can resolve the Creative's driver’s issues which is there with the shared PCI bus. I have also found that the DSP that is in Titanium is much better than the X-Fis.

I heard about the protecting on the titanium cards that helps to prevent the interference with other PCI express cards. This is another very important improvement about that. Titanium is missing the Line in port and that is the only thing that I do not like about it. If they have implemented this then it would have been a good improvement for this.

I have seen both the card and there are many things that I like about both of them and that I am listing below.
    Platinum:
    • I can play my guitar on pc with the help of Line in Port.

Titanium Champion series
    • PCi x1 interface
    • There is less chance to break because it has tougher shielding.
    • It has better DSP.

In the Titanium also you can use the Line-In. You will find that there is something that is called "FlexiJack". It will double the mic and the line in port. Using this you will be able switch between the Creative Control Panel mode and Creative Console software mode. I am using this and find it very useful. You should also try this and I wish that it would be helpful to you also.