Thread: Portable Hard drive restart my computer

Portable Hard drive restart my computer

I am using my computer from last four to five years. I have 80 GB hard disk drive in my computer. I bought new 160 GB Portable Hard drive for my computer. Whenever i connect Portable Hard drive to my computer then it won't work and restart my computer continuously. What type of problem i am facing with my computer? Is there is any problem in my new Portable Hard drive? Please help me to solve my problem.

Re: Portable Hard drive restart my computer

Check your connection are proper or not. There are number of interface used to connect your Portable Hard drive to the host computer. USB, eSATAp, eSATA, SCSI, IEEE are some important interface we used to connect Portable Hard drive. So check the connection between Portable Hard drive and your computer. If there is a problem in your connection then remove the connection and connect them properly.

I think if your Portable Hard drive is infected by virus then also you get this type of problem with your Portable Hard drive. So scan it with the help of updated anti-virus and remove all the virus from your Portable Hard drive. Otherwise format your Portable Hard drive so all the file will deleted permanently from it and you will get blank/ empty Portable Hard drive to use. Check now it detect on your computer properly or not.

I think yes you are right. There is a problem in your Portable Hard drive. Check your Portable Hard drive on another system and if same problem you get on that machine then surely there is a problem in your Portable Hard drive. You have a warranty for your Portable Hard drive so replace it in a warranty period. For that you have to call them and explain them your problem. They will check it and if minor problem is there then solve it. Otherwise replace it.