Thread: 1156 cpu cooling problem

1156 cpu cooling problem

I have recently built a system using the ANTEC 300 case with the Intel Core 2 quad 6600 processor in it. I use the windows 7 operating system with 4 GB of RAM and there is 1156 CPU cooler for the cooling purpose but from last five days the cabinet becomes very hot and after a particular time interval the system turns off. The cabinet get heated if I used the system for more than 2 hours. So, what is the problem with the CPU 1156 cooler in the system or there is any other problem with that any suggestion on the issue will work to overcome the trouble.

Re: 1156 cpu cooling problem

There are a number of the factors which causes the cabinet to get heated such as the dust which get collected over the heat sinks and the Poor airflow including turbulence which does not allow the proper flow of the air inside the cabinet. In addition to that Poor heat transfer also causes this kind of the heating in the system.

There seems to be a problem in the 1156 cpu cooler that you have installed in the system, the failure of the fan causes the overheating of the system which may result in failure of the processor. So you need to replace the 1156 cpu cooler from the system with the new or replace it if it is in the warranty period; this is the ultimate solution to fix these problem.

First you need to check the temperature of the case and the system by going in the BIOS and if it above the normal level then you need to consider that sometimes applications in operation on Windows can get wrong readouts, and I am quite sure that CPU utilization is a lot superior than it have to be while in the BIOS settings, so don't expend much time monitoring the interpretations there and then try the standard cooling solution available to you.

These problem causes due to the Poor heat transfer due to be deficient of, or poor function of thermal compounds and adequate surface area of heat sinks to give out off the heat. In addition to that there is Dust acting as a thermal insulator and hamper airflow, thereby reducing heat sink and fans utilization and the performance. So, you need to clean the dust and other things on the 1156 cpu cooler which will allow you to reduce the temperature.

The Poor airflow including turbulence due to resistance against impeding components, or inappropriate direction of fans, can decrease the amount of air flowing through a container and even generate localized whirlpools of hot air in the case. So, you need to adjust the fan again in the cabinet and place it properly for the air to flow in a proper manner and these will resolve your problem easily.

The Master Hyper 212 cooler fan is the best alternative available for 1156 CPU cooler, if these are not working in the ANTEC 300 case. These are one of the better cooling solution available in the market and along with that check the temperature in the BIOS. Similarly you have to take care of the other cooling solutions such as dust, poor airflow and the poor heat transfer in the system to resolve this problem.