Thread: USB takes over 1 min to eject

USB takes over 1 min to eject

I am using the Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system from a long time an there was not a problem in that but from last Sunday when i plug out the pen drive it takes a large time that is over 1 minute to eject from the system. The pen drive is 3 months old and it is of Kingston 4 GB in memory. So what is the problem with that please reply with the solution any suggestion will be appreciated to resolve the problem of the USB.

Re: USB takes over 1 min to eject

This type of the problem can occur due to a number of the reasons such as there is a problem in the operating system or there is a problem in the pen drive itself or there is a virus attack on the system which has made the process of ejection of the USB very slow. I will recommend you to reboot the system and then try to plug in the Pen drive which might help to overcome the problem or you can try scan of the whole system with the antivirus which will resolve the problem.

Pen drive as you are inserting it in a number of the system without any protection of the anti viruses. To resolve the issue you have to format the pen drive from the computer windows where you will locate the Pen drive of the Kingston as an external drive. Just right click on the pen drive and then you need to select the format from there and you will get the pen drive formatted within a minute that will be faster in process and eject from the system very quick and easily. The point that should be kept in mind is that keep backed all the data of the pen drive before you go for the format.

I have tried the solution provided by you and attempted the format from the right click option on the external drive that is the pen drive and the process failed providing the error message as the windows cannot format these drive due to some reason. After that my pen drive does not show in the MY computer and the system is no able to detect the pen drive, so what should I do in order to resolve these problem any advice will help to resolve the issue.

If you are not able to format the pen drive from the computer then you can try the same process from the Command prompt in the Windows 7 OS that you are using. For that you have to first plug in the pen drive and then open the command prompt and type as format h: (if your drive is detected as h otherwise write the name of the drive that you get when you plug in the pen drive) and after that press the enter key. It will ask you to press any key option then press any key and the process of the format will start and after some time you will get the solution to the problem, if then too there is a problem then you can replace the pen drive for a new one if it is in the warranty period.

There seems to be a problem in the operating system that you are using which cause the problem of the USB slow down at the time of the ejection from the system. To overcome this issue you have to reinstall the OS and then try to eject the USB from the system. The alternative for that is the scan with the Antivirus of the whole system which sometimes slowdowns the performance of the application which results in the slowdown of the USB ejection for the system.