Thread: How to change the modifier key which is not working on other keyboard

How to change the modifier key which is not working on other keyboard

I actually necessitate changing my capslock key to do something as control. This runs extremely well for the internal keyboard, additional than is not running at the entire for an exterior keyboard. I have encompassed and endeavor changing modifiers additional than capslock similar no tribulations on internal keyboard, no consequence on exterior keyboard. I have endeavor by means of together the Bluetooth keyboard (3 battery version or description, not the extremely most recent one) and USB all keyboard (the full size one by means of the number pad). I need some information related to this topic.

Re: How to change the modifier key which is not working on other keyboard

I have had and comprised the similar tribulations, additional than immediately become aware of by means of the intention of the "Modifier Keys" segment of the Keyboard System Preference necessitate with the intention of you choose each keyboard when you change the Caps Lock to Control. Even if you have set your interior MBP Caps Lock Key to do something as a Control Key, you tranquil encompass to do the similar thing for each supplementary external keyboard you attach. Similar here on unibody aluminum macbook by means of 2-battery Apple wireless keyboard. I have encompassed and gone to the Keyboard prefpane, preferred each keyboard in the dropdown menu one-by-one and arranged each one of them to remap Caps Lock to Control. Not merely does the key not produce a Control event on the wireless keyboard, it at a standstill acts as a Caps Lock. This works extremely well on several additional keyboard I have endeavor: the built-in, exterior apple wired keyboard (w/ and w/o num keypad), and even Dell USB keyboards.

Most of them have the identical difficulty on Max Os X 10.6.4 you have to unplug the keyboard then plug it does not revolutionize no matter which. This has run for you. Plug in the exterior keyboard and position the modifier keys to run appropriately by means of the external keyboard. After that you have to revolutionize the modifier keys back to defaulting settings. Endeavor the laptop keyboard to indemnify the modifier keys run appropriately. Subsequent to that you have to go back to the modifier keys segment and in the "Select keyboard:" drop down pick the exterior keyboard. After that revolutionize the modifier keys to run by means of the external keyboard. Test mutually keyboards, they be supposed to at present work.

At a number of point, Apple added the capability for the user to organize the modifier keys in a different method on dissimilar keyboards. So you be able to, for illustration, swap the Alt and Windows keys on a windows keyboard, additional than leave them unaccompanied for your Mac keyboards. This is enormous, as I have encompassed been aggravated by this for a long time. My merely tribulations is, it has by no means worked for me. Supplementary specifically: You have to open Keyboard & Mouse Preferences after with the intention of you have to select the Keyboard tab and then hit it off the Modifier Keys or switch. For choosing keyboard, choose the keyboard you are presently using. After that revolutionize a number of the key alternative. In my case, I changed alternative to Command, and Command to alternative then hit it off OK and try it. Making this revolutionize has no consequence for me. I have comprised even verified with the intention of the changes essentially "stick". The merely time I am essentially capable to revolutionize these keys, is if I select the entire for Select Keyboard.

Yes I am observing the identical predicament. I have not encompassed and isolated a cause for it yet. On the other hand, I do encompass two manufacturer keyboard driver sets encumbered (Microsoft's and Logitec's). This tribulations of altering the mapping of a distinct keyboard is a tribulations I encountered the recent past when I purchased a cheap USB keyboard to utilize at the office. The keyboard itself runs extremely well, its immediately the capability to map the Command and alternative keys commencing their Windows based ordering to a Mac based ordering. I have encompassed and completed it previous to and it worked extremely well. Symptoms experiential the merely method to effect mapping of the alternative and command keys is if "All" is preferred. The Logitec drivers failed to be familiar by means of my Logitec keyboard at home (reboot seemed to accurate this for at present).

Okay so the tribulations "seems" to encompass straightened itself out subsequent to the subsequent: In this you have to eliminating the unused Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Preferred Panes by means of their connected drivers. The Rebooting accurate a number of chosen settings in the Keyboard & Mouse Preferred pane ( seems by revenue of the intention of subsequent to eliminating the Microsoft Preferred pane the Apple Keyboard & Mouse situation where the entire cockeyed. )At present my MB recognizes my exterior keyboards appropriately and remaps the keys mechanically similar to it used to. I am at present back to not having to imagine regarding which keyboard is plugged in, I be able to basically plug and go. Oh, I left the Logitech Preferred pane inaugurate as it seemed well behaved and the whole thing runs similar to its sustained or maintained to, even the media control keys on the contemptible Radio Shack "Gigaware" media USB keyboard. (+Play runs, volume works, mute, next, prev the entire work appropriately+.).