Thread: When i connect hdmi cable to tv, it turns black and dvi port keeps booting up

When i connect hdmi cable to tv, it turns black and dvi port keeps booting up

Hi,
    I have purchased a new mobo and it is having onboard DVI and HDMI port on it. The problem i am facing is that, when i try to connect hdmi cable to TV and try to on the computer, then the TV turns black and dvi port keeps booting up. For solving this i have tried to reinstall the drivers manually, but this is not helping me in solving my problem. Is there anyone who is having some knowledge about this problem? Please do help me out as i want to solve this problem as early as i can.

Dr. V Guest

Re: When i connect hdmi cable to tv, it turns black and dvi port keeps booting up

I will recommend you to do the following try on your system. You can try to set the system up for dual displays-
    1. You need to Right click on your desktop
    2. Then you have select ""Graphics Properties"
    3. After opening the Graphics Properties go to the left side and there you will be able to see a Multiple Displays" button
    4. You have to click on the button.
    5. After doing this, now on the right side you will be able to see a Operating Mode drop down list.
    6. You have to select the mode which is good in working.

Hope it helps to you.

Re: When i connect hdmi cable to tv, it turns black and dvi port keeps booting up

Even i am getting the same problem on my system. I have tried to implement the above solution provide by the Dr. V, but Graphics Properties even did not helped me out. I have even tried to some other solution, but even it is not solving out my issue. Can you suggest me some other solution? I am getting very much frustrated now as the issue is not getting solved out. Please help.

I have a solution for this problem. I think that the problem you are facing is related with the driver.
    • Try to update the graphic driver.
    • Try to reinstall the driver manually.
    • Remove the graphic card from the slot and again reinsert it after few minutes.
    • Try to reinstall the operating system.
    • Disconnect the HDMI cable and again connect

Try to implement all this and i hope that it will solve your issue.