Thread: What are the difference between Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer and Secure Erase Tools

What are the difference between Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer and Secure Erase Tools

I wanted to know the difference between the SSD Toolbox Optimizer and the Secure Erase Tools and what features they provide and how we can use them both. I want to know that it is possible to stand-in Intel SSD Optimizer functionality by safe erase tools. Because I have heard that many of these tools offers with functions which fill free space by "0". I am not technical person so don’t have much idea, so if anyone having knowledge about these please do provide me with the information in this forum.

Re: Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer vs. Secure Erase Tools

The Intel optimizer from the Solid State Drive toolbox and the System Configuration Tuner are tools that are recommend by Intel to have best possible performance by the Solid State Drive. Whereas the secure erase application is recommended for unusual issues or at time when you want to reinstall the operating system. At that time if you want to erase the Solid State Drive or removing all information from your SSD or remove corrupted information from your Solid State Drive. You can sure use both the application individually as per your need but can’t do the substitution of functionality. So make sure you don't try to have this substitution done because both of them work for different purpose.

You can have latest version of Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox fr om the official Intel website. It provide you with lots of functionality as:
    • Exposure the drive classification data for Intel SSDs, as well as other drives in your machine.
    • Accessing Intel SSD administration features like SSD Optimizer, System Configuration Tuner.
    • Running investigative scans on Intel SSDs to confirm for any READ or WRITE errors.

Where as Secure Erase Tools provide you with different functionality and features, so you can not substitute one other function.

I was looking for the same thing but now i have come to know that you can do the substitution of the Intel SSD Optimizer functionality by safe erase tools because their functions are different from each other and are used differently. SECURE ERASE rule on the SSD will free all of the user LBA positions internally in the drive and outcome in all of the NAND locations being rearrange to an wipe out state which is similar to the resetting the drive to the factory setting. So there are no similarities of their work. So you can not perform the substitution of their functionality.

Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer is the tool which is used to get the utmost performance and check any READ or WRITE errors in your system and from your Intel solid state drive where as Secure Erase Tools is used when you want to “reset” the drive or at least secure erase the drive for a second sale or mount in a different computer or server. They perform all together different function for your Intel SSD, so you will not be able to substitute the functionality of both Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer and Secure Erase Tool. I think now your knowledge about both the tools is cleared if required more information you can post the question in this forum.