Thread: No sound issue in Creative SBS 2.0 speakers

No sound issue in Creative SBS 2.0 speakers

I had an old computer system which had no speakers. But now I bought a new system, I even upgraded my internal configuration,changed my processor replaced my old motherboard with a new one of ASUS, increased the internal hard drive capacity with 500 GB, and installed 2GB RAM in the memory slot on the new motherboard. The speakers which I bought are Creative SBS 2.0 .But when I connect my speakers to my tower and play any audio file,it does not produce any sound from the speakers. I tried a bit to sort that myself, but could not solve the problem. I checked all the devices for any loose connection, but they are properly connected. Please help me in fixing this issue.

Re: No sound issue in Creative SBS 2.0 speakers

You said you had a system earlier without any speakers connected to it.Now you have bought a new system that has speakers, but they are not working. Then before calling any technician to your house, try few basic troubleshooting steps yourself. You said you checked the speakers and its ports for the loose connections, the connections may not be loose but the audio cable might be connected to a wrong port. Make sure that the audio cable is connected to the green colored port. Now a days the modern tower manufacturers provide audio ports at front of the beasel also. Check the audio cable by connecting at both back and front ports. If you connect the speaker's audio cable at the front of the system tower and the speakers starts working then there is some issue with the motherboard.

It often happens that the issue is small and before following the simple and basic steps we start complicated troubleshooting steps. Connect the speakers to some other players and check whether it runs fine. If it does then there is no issue with the speakers, there might some loophole or mistake took place in configuring the speakers to the system. Check the volume control icon in the tray which is located at bottom right of the windows in the taskbar. If you are unable to see it, right click on the task click and uncheck the option lock the task bar . Click on the task bar and holding the left click button drag the task bar towards the left hand side of the widows screen. There you will be able to locate the volume control. See whether it is muted. If it is ,unmute the volume control and increase the volume upto an audible volume. Now play any audio file and check whether the above mentioned tips worked for you

I have Creative speakers too. I faced the same issue that you did. My issue was resolved as I re-installed the sound drivers.
    I recommend you to check the sound drivers of you system. You can check the sound drivers in the Device Manager .To open and
    navigate the Device Manager screen follow the given steps:
    • Right click on My Computer, select manage option then you will be able to see a window screeen with to panes.
    • On the left pane you will be able to locate the Device Manger.
    • Open the Device Manage and look for Sound Video and gaming controllers option. Open it and see if you check whether the Sound devices are enabled.
    • Check if there is any exclamation mark or Question mark.
    • If there is any exclamation mark then the hardware is conflicting with the drivers. To fix it Uninstall and re-install the Sound drivers.
    • If there is any question mark visible, then the drivers are missing, install the drivers

You can install the drivers from the drivers and utility cd that comes along with the system while it was purchased.

I think your sound card might be the reason that is stopping your system to play any of the audio file.
    To check the sound card you will have to open your CPU or the system tower. But before you open your system tower , make sure the system is turned off and remove all the cables from the back of the tower. Then open the tower, remove the sound card from the PCI slot, remove the dust and reseat it back to it's slot. Turn on the system and give it a try.