Thread: Wireless mouse unable to zoom in Word 2007

Wireless mouse unable to zoom in Word 2007

I am using g the windows 7 operating system along with the office 2007 on which I have installed a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 but the major problem with that is the mouse is not zooming in and out in the word 2007. On my preceding system running Windows XP, I could hold downward control and use the helm on the mouse to zoom, but this function no longer works in Ms Word 2007. The same mouse when I used with the Adobe products it works very much file so what is the problem with mouse any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated.

Re: Wireless mouse unable to zoom in Word 2007

The problem that you have stated above can be occurred to due a number of the reasons so before the solution please tell me that you are getting the same error with the other Microsoft office 2007 applications. Is you getting the same problem with the ms excel 2007, outlook 2007, PowerPoint 2007 and the others. So, tell me first about these and then I will be able to provide the solution to you.

As you said the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 is not working even in the other office 2007 applications such as the power point and the excel that i had tried last night. Is there any problem with the ms office 2007 or with the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 that i have attached in the computer. So, what is the actual problem and how can i resolve these issue to get the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 working in the Microsoft office applications.

As you have said that the mouse does not work in other applications too then first you need to check the mouse and the scroll button in the wireless is working or not by performing the following steps;
    • First Click on Start
    • Then go in all programs options
    • After that select the Accessories options
    • Then click the Run options
    • Finally you need to Copy or Paste the contented below in the Open window and press Enter: WinWord /a

After that If you are able to utilize the scroll button to change the zoom dimension within word then there is a problem in the ms word 2007 so you need to trouble shoot the Microsoft office 2007 to get the issue resolved.

The problem that you have mentioned mostly causes when there is a problem in the registry, it seems the registry is not working properly and there is a problem in the Microsoft office application so to back up the registry follow the given steps;

• First you need to open the Registry Editor by selecting the Start push button, writing regedit into the search box, and then pressing Enter.

• If you're provoked for an administrator password or authentication, type the password or give verification.

• Then place and select the key or subkey that you desire to back up.

• After that Click the File menu, and then select Export.

• In the Save in box, choose the site where you desire to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name box.

• Finally you need to snap Save button to complete the process.

The majority of the regularly used option in Word is stored in the Word Data registry key. An ordinary troubleshooting procedure is to remove the Word Data registry key. The subsequent time that you create Word, Word reconstructs the Word Data registry key by using the default settings. If you are using the word 2002 or word 2003, then you have to click on the Options in the Tools and to view these options in Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. The point that should be kept in mind is that when you remove the Word Data registry key, Word resets quite a few options to their default settings. One such alternative is the "most recently used file" list on the File menu. Additionally, Word rearranges a lot of settings that you modify in the Options dialog box.

There seems to be a problem in the ms office 2007 files which may be corrupted and causes the problem for the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. The solution for this issue is the update of the Microsoft office 2007 package from the Microsoft website, to perform this process you need to first go in the Microsoft Update section from the start button which is present on the desk top. After that select the appropriate application and then click on the update link. It will take some time to get updated and after the update restart the computer to see that Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 is working in all the office applications.