Thread: Error code occurs when using webcam

Error code occurs when using webcam

I have taken a Sony Vaio laptop for my personal use the problem occurred when I am trying to access the webcam then my same laptop giving me error. I was using the webcam on my laptop perfectly from last four months from date of purchase. But on this last day I have faced the problem of my webcam on my laptop. Does anybody have the how I can able to use my webcam. Please help me out from this problem. Thank in Advance.

Re: Error code occurs when using webcam

I have taken a new Acer laptop for my use and I have faced the same problem about the laptop. But after sometime the problem which was occurring on my same Acer laptop has gone when I have just done the repair installation of the webcam driver. Now I am using my webcam without any problem occurring in it.

Actually I have started facing this problem from last week when I have installed the MacAfee anti-virus software on my laptop. I can’t understand what had happen to my laptop after installing the anti-virus. Does anyone know that what problem I am facing on my laptop I don’t know the exact problem what is this? Please help me out form this problem what I am facing on my laptop.

This usually happens due to incompatibility of Windows Live Meeting 9 (WLM) and MCAFEE anti-virus. MacAfee has fixed that there is some inappropriateness between the antivirus and Windows Live Meeting 9 this causes an error 0×8AC7020 or 0×8AC70013 and by that McAfee are operational now on a patch to attach this, till that time you can follow below steps as workaround to fix this problem

Fix Windows Live Messenger Audio/Video & Webcam Related issue
    • Navigate to the following “Windows Vista (64-bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor”
    • Right-click on the file sasets.ini and prefer Open With, then choose the Notepad.
    • Locate the segment titled [msnmsgr.exe].
    • Alter Enabled=1 to Enabled=0.
    • Press File and select Save.
    • Exit sasets.ini and resume your laptop system for modify to take outcome.

The above steps will configure SiteAdvisor to stop monitoring windows live messenger. This hope will help you to solve the problem.

I have tried out the given setting but I didn’t solve the same problem of webcam from my laptop. I have done the proper steps which you have given to me. So do you have the other solution through which I can solve this problem? I am feeling irritating from this problem so please give me the proper solution by which I can start to use the webcam on my same Sony Vaio laptop. And I am using the windows XP operating system on my laptop.

I the above a setting was of Windows Vista (64-bit) operating system. As you are using Windows XP operating system on your Laptop then you can go to this step this will help you.

1. Fix Windows Live Messenger Audio/Video & Webcam Related issue
    2. Navigate to the following Windows XP (32-bit): C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor
    3. Right-click on the file sasets.ini and prefer Open With, then choose the Notepad.
    4. Locate the segment titled [msnmsgr.exe].
    5. Alter Enabled=1 to Enabled=0.
    6. Press File and select Save.
    7. Exit sasets.ini and resume your laptop system for modify to take outcome.