Thread: Windows 7 sound drivers problem

Windows 7 sound drivers problem

The Microsoft has recently launched the new Windows 7 Operating system which was a great Operating system so i decided to switch from the windows Vista to the windows 7 Operating system. I installed the Operating system and then try to play music in the Windows Media player but there was no sound in the windows 7 and the other music player where not working as well, so what is the problem in the windows 7 and how i can overcome these problem as i am missing my music. Any suggestion on the sound issue will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

Re: Windows 7 sound drivers problem

There is no sound driver installed on your system which has caused the problem and you are not able to listen to any of the music in your computer. So, you can install the sound driver in the computer by inserting the CD of the sound driver that you have got with the Motherboard of the computer. You just have to insert the the CD in the system and follow the instructions for the installation and your issue will be resolved, you just need to restart the computer to complete the process.

I don't have the required CD that you have mentioned above for the sound driver and i don't have it as i purchased my computer from one of my friend and he ides not provided me with the sound driver CD. So, from where i can get these CD and make the installation. Is there any other alternative way to get the sound driver or not?, any suggestion on the issue will help to resolve the problem.

If you do not have the driver CD for sound with you then there is no problem, you can do the same from the manufacturer website of the motherboard chip. For these you have to first go to the Manufacturer website and then input the model number of the motherboard chip and the type of he driver that is the sound driver and then click on the download link to get the solution. These will resolve your problem of the sound driver for sure.

I have reinstall the Windows 7 operating system and these time it provided me with the HD Audio Device automatically at the time of the installation but after the installation when I tried to play the music there was no sound in the speakers. My motherboard is ASUS P5LD2 SE and the audio is ADI1986A 6-channel Audio codec which I got in the system management on the computer so please provide me some solution to fix these problem any help will be appreciated.

To overcome these issue you need to go to the Asus website from where you can select the appropriate sound driver, for that click on the link here and then follow the steps to complete the process;
    • First on the link page select your audio device “ADI” for your Motherboard.

• After that download AD1988_Windows 7_61016110.zip for the Windows 7 operating system.

• Unzip the files.

• Then open the “Device manager” Window on the system

• Now you need to right click on your sound card and then choose the modernize drive

• Then in the window that will come into view select “Search on your computer”

• Finally you need to select the lane/path downloaded and unzipped folder with drivers.