Thread: Flash Storage on the MacBook Air

Flash Storage on the MacBook Air

I have recently got myself MacBook Air with Mac OS X, but don’t know much about the specification it has and about its hard disk memory or other internal components. I have heard that it doesn’t have the hard disk and it is replaced by the flash memory. I don’t have any idea about what is flash storage and who it is used so if anyone having knowledge about the flash storage please provide me the information about the same it will be appreciable.
    Last edited by Bryn; 22-10-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Re: Flash Storage on the MacBook Air

Yes you are right about the Macbook Air storage, it does not have the usual hard disk used for memory storage but it uses flash storage to replace it. Flash storage which is used in your MacBook Air is very small in size and the performance is very fast as compare to the conventional hard disk which was used. The other best part of Flash storage is that it is very much energy efficient as compare to the hard disk and it comes in different sizes as per the use and need. If more information required you can post your Query and get the information in this forum.

There are lots of advantages of flash storage over the conventional hard disk which were used before in the system. There are many companies which provide you Flash storage which you can carry as they are small in size but they come in 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB. As per performance it decrease I/O service times up to 15x, and increase speed of applications up to 2x and improve efficiency of database and systems software when you work with flash storage. Because of such advantages flash storage is used instead of usual hard disk.

I have read all the advantages of Flash storage so i want to move from the hard disk to flash storage for my MacBook Air. So I want to know how can i get the flash storage drive for my system and what companies are there in market which provide with flash storage drive. So if you can provide me with the information it will help me to get the proper Flash drive for system.

You can have the flash storage drive for your system from many companies which provide compatible flash drive for your system. You can search on the official Apple site to see what kind of flash drive supported by your system so that you can go for that flush drive. I think you can go for any usb flush drive for your system as they will be easy to carry and provide you with the great performance and large storage.