Thread: Overheating Issues with the Core i5 & i7

Overheating Issues with the Core i5 & i7

Hi,
    I have two Mackbook with me i.e. Core i5 or Core i7 new MackBook Pro. The problem i am facing is that my machine s getting over heated when i use it for more than a hour or so. This issue is being observed by me from the last 3 days. My both the machines are still new and i don't know why i am getting this problem. Is there any one who have full knowledge about this issue or even some knowledge. I require you help, so can you please provide me nice solution for this. I would be waiting for the reply.

Re: Overheating Issues with the Core i5 & i7

I feel the problem you are facing might me related with the fan of your machine. There might be case that, it must not be cooling your system properly so you are facing the problem of over heating. In order to get this problem solve i will recommend you to make a check of your fan. I need to check your fan speed and make sure that it is working properly. I will advice you to get your fan cleaned and then try using it. I hope that if you will try this solution then you will definitely be able to solve your issue. If still the problem is not being solved or you require more help, then reply me back. I will be definitely there to help you out.
    Last edited by Devasis; 21-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Hi,
    I have a new mbp 15 inch i-5 for doing my all the official works. The problem with my machine is that it is getting extremely hot after approximately 10 to 12 minutes on a hard load. I am feeling that i should return this machine before it warranty period expires, but i don't want to return it as i like it very much. I am not able to understand that why i am getting such a problem on my new machine. Can any one explain me the cause of this problem? I require some support from you as i have very little idea related with it. Please help me out.

I want to know that what is the speed of your fan? Is your fan working at normal speed or it is working below the normal speed . If the speed of your fan is slow then you will require to get your fan checked by the mackbook service center. If the fan is working properly then i think that you will require to change your mackbook . It is not the problem of fan, it is the problem of the machine itself.

Thanks for the reply you provided. I have tried to clean my fan and the after i have tried to use it, then to i am getting the same problem on my system. I don't know how to calculate the speed of the fan. I have checked the fan it is working properly without any problem. My problem is not getting solve and i am very much frustrated now. Can you provide me some other suggestion on this topic or is there any one who can provide me some other solution. I am very much in need of it.

I think there might be some problem with your machine it self, because you told that you fan is working properly and even your machine is a new one. For this reason i will advice you to get replaced you system with a new one as it is in the warranty period. If they do not replace it, then get it repaired my them . I feel that thsi only the solution for your problem. So i hope that i have provided you some help.