Thread: Registry Key for Duplex Printing

Registry Key for Duplex Printing

I had presently or immediately received a request commencing my green team here with the intention of they would similar to force duplex printing to my users. I encompass the entire HP laserjets commencing 4100 to 4350's. At present I have comprised windows 2003 active directory and the entire my users are on a domain. The printers are communal by the print server. Additional than presently the user must go into their settings and select duplex printing. So it come into view to be a individual setting, I would similar to set the printer to duplex the entire the time, moreover by GP, or in the printer driver or constant on the printer setup does anybody have several tips or tricks to accomplish this.

Re: Registry Key for Duplex Printing

If the print server does not encompass a method to position duplex by defaulting, the simplest is to revolutionize the printer commencing the front panel. Individual users be able to set the defaulting for their printers by right hitting it off on the printer in the printer icon in the control panel. In accumulation to duplex, it is quite helpful to choose draft mode as the defaulting setting. It considerably improves printing speeds for DeskJets and considerably diminishes ink/toner expenditure. Users might complain at first additional than they be able to always revolutionize the alternative. To illuminate there are no settings for a print server to set defaulting for a printer. The defaulting are set on the system which is originating the print job. So the entire of the users be obliged to revolutionize the entire of their printers. This is the method that the remote printing subsystem works.

Here come into view to be a situation in regedit with the intention of switches depleting on and off (by defaulting) if you encompass a method to push reg keys it might be obliging. I am in addition presently giving the impression of being for a method to force users to print in duplex so with the intention of it is impracticable to print on one side. H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/Print/Providers/LanMan Print Services/Servers/(servername)/Printers/(Printername)/DsDriver and the name of the double file I am presently testing is "printDuplexSupported" Well it's a bit complicated. I ran regmon on the spoolsv.exe procedure. To perimeter your output immediately comprise spoolsv.exe. If you do this when you revolutionize the printer setting it determines to modify two keys. In HKLM Devmon and Devmon in HKCU. Observe how these key revolutionize and then export the key. Worked for me. Depending on your driver you be supposed to be capable to identify the keys with the intention of change.

Not certain if this is going to be appropriate for your model printer, additional than it worked for me by means of an HP5035mfp. Subsequent to departing to printer preferences in excess of 20 times and turning on duplex printing, I become aware of it would not revolutionize no matter which on my user. I started to give the impression of being at additional alternative under the printer properties, additional than first I changed the front panel alternative to 2 side printing on the printer. Additional than here is what worked beneath printer properties you have to go to Advanced and then hit it off on printing Defaults and then make sure the defaulting duplex printing alternative. Subsequent to I did with the intention of the revolutionize applied to the entire users. On the print server, I have comprised and set the printing preferences and defaulting set to duplex printing.

The printer driver commencing the print queue by means of the intention of exists on the Print Server is copied crossways to the client PC. If they are printing, let’s say a Word document, they might have comprised the permissions to revolutionize a number of of the settings, such as duplex, banquet and stapling. If a user desire to encompass a setting as defaulting on the entire of their printing, then the revolutionize must be completed to the printer demonstrate in 'Printers and Faxes'. Open Printers and Faxes, right hit it off on the Printer and choose Properties. Next, hit it off Printing Preferences and create the revolutionize you desire there, then Apply, OK to exit. If you at present generate a innovative document and choose to print it, you determine to observe with the intention of the changes you immediately made come into view as the defaulting options.

Most of them have comprise a Minolta Magicolor 2200 printer associated to our server with the intention of is working with Win2000, and is shared by means of the entire network terminals, a number of XP and a number of Win98. Most of them have a VB6 submission working with on the terminals, which create certain whether the printer is associated, and mechanically switches to it if it is in attendance. The user has the alternative of choosing twice sided printing, and if selected, code in the VB6 submission sets the printer to duplex mode, and prints twice sided for with the intention of printout merely, then switches back. I got the code commencing the internet somewhere, I do not maintain in mind where, other than my tribulations is with the intention of most of the terminals run appropriately, additional than one XP Pro terminal refuses to print twice sided, even though the code by means of the intention of is sustain or maintain to switch to double-sided reports no errors.